The Student Room Group

Student account for international student

Hi,

I've been in the UK for bloody 2,5 years now. Studying at Edinburgh College on 2-year HND course and planning to do my 3rd and 4th year at Uni afterwards. Need some extra money to keep me going for a month before I get paid from my new job. I've been to few banks today and checked their websites and pretty much all student accounts that come with some overdraft require you to be either UK citizen or living here for at least 3 years, therefore telling me I'm not eligible for one because I'm half a year short. Does anyone know any bank that could open a student account with any overdraft for me despite these silly requirements that prevent me from opening one in most of them?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)
Which banks have you already tried?
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Which banks have you already tried?

My application at Santander has been declined. I've also asked staff at NatWest and Bank of Scotland and they told me straight away that I won't meet their eligibility criteria. I have an appointment at Halifax tomorrow, not much hope though but I've also applied for Co-op's student account online yesterday and got email from them this morning that my application has been accepted subject to some formalities and they will get back to me within next few days. Hope they will enable overdraft on my account because some banks told me I can have one with them but without the overdraft which is rather pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending