The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

transferring !

i am doing my first year at Kingston university and i am not happy? i have applied to Essex university and Brunel university ?
first i was wondering if these universities are better than Kingston and if there is a chance to be rejected if i apply for anther visa even if i met all the visa requirements !!!
thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dina96
i am doing my first year at Kingston university and i am not happy? i have applied to Essex university and Brunel university ?
first i was wondering if these universities are better than Kingston and if there is a chance to be rejected if i apply for anther visa even if i met all the visa requirements !!!
thanks

Hello,
I currently study Psychology at the University of Essex and so thought I would reply to your post. In terms of which university is better I cannot speak for the other universities but I really enjoy studying the University of Essex.
I am unsure on Visa applications as I am a UK student so unfortunately can't help there.

If you have any questions about the University of Essex feel free to ask!
Natalie.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
is it good for law ? does it have a good reputation? is it far from london ?
thanks ...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Natalie.1
Hello,
I currently study Psychology at the University of Essex and so thought I would reply to your post. In terms of which university is better I cannot speak for the other universities but I really enjoy studying the University of Essex.
I am unsure on Visa applications as I am a UK student so unfortunately can't help there.

If you have any questions about the University of Essex feel free to ask!
Natalie.

thanks ...
Original post by dina96
thanks ...

I can't tell you anything about Law but I do know the university fairly well, and I've lived in Colchester for 20 years (hopefully transferring from my current university to Essex!).

Generally, the University of Essex does have a good reputation. I have a lot of friends who are home students and they really like it there. It has good career prospects, good courses, a diverse range of societies etc. I'm talking about the Colchester campus, there are two other campuses (Southend and Loughton, I believe) and I'm not too sure what they're like. You could always look on Which and compare them!

As for distance from London, it's about a 50 minute train journey from Colchester North Station to London Liverpool Street, or you can get a train to Stratford (straight to Westfield!)
Original post by dina96
thanks ...

Hi :smile:

I am a current postgraduate law student at Essex so I thought that I can indeed reply to your question.
This is my 4th year in Colchester, Essex as I have finished my law degree at Essex university as well. I really liked the university as a whole and I can see that the department of law targets at excellence every year.
The teaching staff is really incredible - It was one of the reasons I stayed here for my LLM, and also the rules and conditions regarding coursework are actually very good (regarding deadlines etc). Law as a course is tough, I can't say the opposite but I really loved my time here :smile: The education level is high and the degree is internationally recognised. There is also a plenty of modules where you can choose from. Consider Essex as one of your choices for law!

For anything else you can always ask me!

Hope that helps :smile:
^Andriana
Original post by dina96
thanks

not a good rep for law

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending