The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol or manchester?? Psyhchology

I have been offered unconditional places from both Manchester and Bristol to study Psychology however I am struggling to decide between the two. I have done a bit of research and understand Manchester is cheaper and heard it's more of a fun place to study/live but Bristol is the better university. Would love some other people's opinions on which one to go for or the costs and benefits of each!
Reply 1
I've got friends who study at Bristol and Manchester and everyone agrees that the nightlife for Bristol and Manchester are pretty much equal. The only difference is that Manchester is a bigger city and slightly more diverse, not to say that Bristol isn't diverse. Bristol is obviously the better university but it's not a campus, its in between a city uni and campus uni. Manchester is a massive uni in comparison to Bristol and has a nice campus vibe to it.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by sahara1
I have been offered unconditional places from both Manchester and Bristol to study Psychology however I am struggling to decide between the two. I have done a bit of research and understand Manchester is cheaper and heard it's more of a fun place to study/live but Bristol is the better university. Would love some other people's opinions on which one to go for or the costs and benefits of each!

Obviously Manchester is a lot cheaper, especially for accommodation and things like that, also you can do the study abroad year at Manchester even if you haven't originally applied for it... They're both good cities for nightlife , obviously Manchester is a lot bigger... The only difference is Bristol is a slightly more prestigious university, but they are both Russell group Uni's so I think just look round them both and just go with the one you feel you like the most. Personally for me I prefer Bristol just because it's a bit closer to home and I love the city, but there isn't too much difference between them both!
Reply 3
Original post by carlamitchh
Obviously Manchester is a lot cheaper, especially for accommodation and things like that, also you can do the study abroad year at Manchester even if you haven't originally applied for it... They're both good cities for nightlife , obviously Manchester is a lot bigger... The only difference is Bristol is a slightly more prestigious university, but they are both Russell group Uni's so I think just look round them both and just go with the one you feel you like the most. Personally for me I prefer Bristol just because it's a bit closer to home and I love the city, but there isn't too much difference between them both!

Thank you! Yeah Bristol is closer to home for me too, I would have loved to do a year abroad but i don't think Bristol have that option

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending