The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Bsc Economics 2016 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Joiner
Ahh I see, when you talk about econometrics do you mean talking about reading books about that in the PS?
I'm quite worried but thanks so much for all this info-really helpful! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can be in the form of reflecting on a book you've read or just in general, mention how they relate to your current studies. E.g. I talked about how studying statistics gave me the necessary skills to carry out regression analysis, which is an important tool in precise monetary policy management etc

Good luck! :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Other than maths and further maths, did any of you do an essay based subject?
Reply 42
Original post by Rajive

Mostly common subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry (and sometimes History/Politics).
By the way, dont forget that LSE considers Further Maths only as 4th subject. So if you have 3 subjects and one is Further maths, they will most likely not offer you a place. This is only a weird rule in LSE, otherwise Further maths is a really useful subject for Economics applicants and even LSE prefers people who have it (based on what i think).
Original post by Fbiemad
Mostly common subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry (and sometimes History/Politics).
By the way, dont forget that LSE considers Further Maths only as 4th subject. So if you have 3 subjects and one is Further maths, they will most likely not offer you a place. This is only a weird rule in LSE, otherwise Further maths is a really useful subject for Economics applicants and even LSE prefers people who have it (based on what i think).

^^^^^^^Basically this. Would recommend Sciences/History/Geography (ofc in addition to maths and fm)
Original post by Rajive

Hey! I do Maths, Further Maths, Economics & French. Funnily enough, MFLs count as essay subjects! People like me are definitely in the minority, out of about 30 offer holders, I know of only one guy who does German.

I'd like to reiterate what the other posters have said; if you're doing Maths, FM, Econ at A2 then LSE is unlikely to consider you because your combo is 'narrow'.

I have seen many people doing four A2 subjects, mainly the combos of Maths, FM, Econ and Physics/History/Geography/Chem.

If you're doing an essay subject do History/Politics.

Hope that helps and good luck for your exams :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending