The Student Room Group

Classics

what is the best way to revise for my A2 classics exam? I am studying the Aenied, Illiad and for my plays;Lysistrata,clouds, swaggering soldier and brothers Menaechmus. I am very stuck on ideas to revise other than just reading the books?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

The most important thing is to make sure you've had a look at lots of past papers so you can get a feel for what sort of questions tend to come up. Working through these papers and answering as many questions as possible would be better than just reading the texts because it will highlight more clearly what you need to concentrate on.

You should be able to find the specification for the exam on the exam board's website. This will give you a list of topics which you should have studied over the course. You'll find that essay titles tend to be based around one or two of these topics, so it's a good idea to try to write essay plans for each of the topics.

Hope this makes sense - feel free to PM me if you would like more specific help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending