The Student Room Group

Girlfriend needing space

Went on a short break for 5 days with my gf of 6 months, 3 days into holiday she started acted called and distant and wasn't her self just felt like she was just a different person, I asked what the problem with was a she kept telling me nothing until I asked her if she still wants to be with me and she told me that she doesn't know what she wants and her heads all about the place and she needs some space, I left her alone for a couple of hours then texted her saying I'm sorry for anything I've done and she told me that she's not ready for a relationship, the next day she said she still want to be with me but still acted distant and cold towards, all I've been getting is mixed signals we had sex 3 times after her saying she's not ready for a relationships and now we are back at home and having a break and she needs some time but don't really know how to take it
Full stops, dear, are your good friends :h:
If she "doesn't know" if she wants a relationship then she clearly isn't fully committed to you. Find someone who wants to be with you as much as you want to be with them.
Original post by Anonymous
Went on a short break for 5 days with my gf of 6 months, 3 days into holiday she started acted called and distant and wasn't her self just felt like she was just a different person, I asked what the problem with was a she kept telling me nothing until I asked her if she still wants to be with me and she told me that she doesn't know what she wants and her heads all about the place and she needs some space, I left her alone for a couple of hours then texted her saying I'm sorry for anything I've done and she told me that she's not ready for a relationship, the next day she said she still want to be with me but still acted distant and cold towards, all I've been getting is mixed signals we had sex 3 times after her saying she's not ready for a relationships and now we are back at home and having a break and she needs some time but don't really know how to take it

Maybe she's feeling a tad smothered. The relationship may be too intense. Mobile phones are the worst for making people feel they are under tabs 24/7. People do need space without feeling pressured into giving a running commentary or even justifying what they are up to.

She may also want to do other things which you may not like or want to be involved in.

If she wants/needs space, you need to let her have it or resentment will set in which will quickly destroy your relationship.

Don't run after her or text her because YOU feel insecure. Let her make the moves and you respond accordingly. She will either feel a lot happier or nothing will have changed.

If the latter, then it kind of says she's moved on and maybe it's time for you to do the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending