The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

What do you mean ? Some staff in my team got the work coach job we work for Hmrc. They still had to go through the same recruitment like external applicants
No because the interviewer doesn’t know that unless you tell them. And you wouldn’t get anymore points because you work for the government already. It about what you say on the day and how strong your example is. I have done interviewing before and I had a Solisiter applying for a Hmrc job. But he did not get it as his example was all over the place and kept saying what we did instead of what I did. I did not take into consideration his professional background
Original post by Anisablue
No because the interviewer doesn’t know that unless you tell them. And you wouldn’t get anymore points because you work for the government already. It about what you say on the day and how strong your example is. I have done interviewing before and I had a Solisiter applying for a Hmrc job. But he did not get it as his example was all over the place and kept saying what we did instead of what I did. I did not take into consideration his professional background

That makes sense, also very true. I guess only benefit is building up examples.
Yep defo getting good examples and experience with change that’s a massive one in civil service hahaha
Hey there! I can see you have lots of experience in CS. I´ve passed successfully the application process for Work Coach. But in the end, I´ve finished on a Reserve List. I can see many of you were given scores, but I didn't. How to get my scores? Thanks for any advice!
Original post by Becky1105
Hey blue
Training is ok it's was boring on the first two days. Coz I had no employee ID or smart card (this gives access to the system ) done for me on first two days so I had to sit with a pile of welcome pack lol...
Soon as I got access to the computer it was great. Done all my mandatory trainingson the computer just two more left those are class room style ones. Soon as you do you keeping safe training you can sit with other work coaches and watch how they do face to face interviews. I love it. My hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 my manager said work Saturdays and late evening are still far away probably in 2-3 years time xx

What was the training like after the first week. Was it from home? I've been told I'm in the first week and then at home for 2 weeks. Can you do the stuff at home at your own pace? Or is it live training?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending