The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't know whether to seriously think about doing vet nursing like I always wanted to or not...
Reply 21
vet nursing? dont u wanna b a vet?

x
No. Until a while ago I had my heart set on becoming a vet nurse...then I changed my mind. I was never good enough at maths and science to become a vet surgeon.
Reply 23
what changed your mind?

and anyways.... you dont have to be a mastermind to get into vet school!!!! what grades have u got/ predicted so far in your education?

x
I'm intelligent, don't get me wrong (7A*s and 4 As at GCSE) but more of an arts person than sciences.
Yeah I suck at maths!
Reply 26
those grades are MORE than adequete.

you can still have other interests not just animals and science! do art etc for fun?!

x
^ How do you mean?
City Chic - with those grades you must be pretty good at maths and sciences! GCSE A means your pretty good at something - I only got a B in GCSE chem anyway and I managed the A-level (or so i hope!). If you really want to be a vet theres no reason why you can't with those grades. However, if you want to be a VN theres no reason why u should be a vet instead! Just carry on with your work exp and see which u prefer!
Reply 29
animals and science is the vetty side of life

u enjoy arts so maybe do it when youre not working for pleasure???

x
If I chose to be a veterinary surgeon now, I'd have to repeat a year and take two more sciences/another science and maths. I really don't want to have to do that.
Reply 31
Look at nottingham 6 year course (not the lincoln one tho) they accept students who take arts subjects with a maximum of one science including maths. They ask for AAB as a standard offer and unlike RVC and notts lincoln course, its available to anyone regardless of family situation/whether your parents have gone to uni etc.
^ Thanks for that info :smile:
Reply 33
-Probably a C-section on a cat where the kittens had started to reabsorb they were all deformed and one was still like a foetus.
-Any c-section where the pups all live.
-Eye removal was pretty interesting.
-Amputation of a cats leg that had a bone tumour.
-Removing two large oval magnets from a dog that had ate them and they were stuck in his bowel.
-Dog with a broken jaw.
-Most of the small animal medicine in Africa as its done so basically compared to here.
-Treating a baby giraffe in africa. In fact most stuff in africa was pretty interesting.
-Fertility testing bulls is funny the first time.
Reply 34
sounds mint!!!

i saw a pregnancy scan on a horse today that had twins and a draining of a large swelling on a sheep's foreleg and a pigeon with a broken leg =]

x

Latest

Trending

Trending