The Student Room Group

Potential Degrees

Hi everyone, I’m in Year 12 and I’m considering potential degrees. My A-level subjects are English Literature, Mathematics and Economics. What degrees could I do? I would really appreciate a detailed list because a lot of the sites I went on can be pretty generic or aren’t specifically linked to my subjects. Thank you.
Well, there are lots of degrees available that aren't specifically linked to any A-level subject. Most degrees outside of STEM areas have no or few required A-levels. And most STEM degrees are available with a foundation year even for those without the "correct" A-levels.

What is it you're actually interested in learning about? What do you take the time to read more about when given the opportunity, beyond just preparing for exams and suchlike?

There are plenty of courses that may be of interest, but there are far too many to possibly list. Sanskrit, linguistics, marine biology with a foundation year...there are innumerable less common degree subjects, and even more conventional ones!
Original post by laura_blues
Hi everyone, I’m in Year 12 and I’m considering potential degrees. My A-level subjects are English Literature, Mathematics and Economics. What degrees could I do? I would really appreciate a detailed list because a lot of the sites I went on can be pretty generic or aren’t specifically linked to my subjects. Thank you.

Hi @laura_blues

First of all it's really important to choose a course that you're interested in and want to study. Think about what parts of your A-levels you enjoy and what you don't and then start having a look at courses that may be of interest to you. It may also be worth thinking further ahead as to what you want your career to be - I did some work experience in marketing in y11 and this led me to want to study marketing at uni. Something else that helped me was this 'calculator' that I could put my A-level subjects into and it gave me courses that I hadn't even thought of. Because you've chosen facilitating subjects it means that most courses are available to you so I'd have a think about what subjects really appeal to you and what you want to carry on into further education.

I hope this helped :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest