The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Is lse worth it?

I have an offer from lse for accounting and finance. In order to study there, I'm going to have to take out a loan in the region of £10,700 every year. This loan combined with the 9k a year tuition fee loan means I'll be borrowing 20k a year so for the 3 years I'll be in 60k debt :redface:
I mean I really want to go to lse but the scale of debt scares me so much..my other option is to go to the university of Birmingham which is a Russell group uni but its hardly as prestigious.. Will Lse be worth all this money?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my opinion I would say yes it is worth it. Mostly because I want to go there. But to be honest it really depends on what you want
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
It will probably be worth it! Studying at Uni is an investment, and the LSE is a pretty safe one. You should consider yourself priviledged to have an offer!
The return on investment should also be quite awesome!

But the question is: do you really want to go to the LSE?
honestly, no... but I'm gonna be applying this year anyway lmao
on the other hand you'll be in debt either way so just go with the one that will make you happier
Reply 4
Original post by Midaftann
It will probably be worth it! Studying at Uni is an investment, and the LSE is a pretty safe one. You should consider yourself priviledged to have an offer!
The return on investment should also be quite awesome!

But the question is: do you really want to go to the LSE?

I do feel really lucky to have got an offer especially considering how many people apply for accounting and finance. It's just trying to justify that amount of money which I really should have done BEFORE applying...then again my sister who studies pharmacy at Manchester will also be in 60k debt for her 4 years of study so yeah I agree that it could be seen as an investment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by meediaabid
honestly, no... but I'm gonna be applying this year anyway lmao
on the other hand you'll be in debt either way so just go with the one that will make you happier

If you got an offer from them and knew you would be in 60k debt, would you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M_xxx113
If you got an offer from them and knew you would be in 60k debt, would you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On a practical level it isn't ideal but I would, LSE is a fantastic university
you will learn at LSE the art of 'independent study' :smile: (i.e. teaching everything to yourself)
I would say yes because LSE is likely to set you up in a way that could guarantee you earning enough to pay that back with considerable ease. Emphasis on the 'could'. I would.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending