Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by bm1986
two rounds

both phone interviews?
Original post by Princepieman
YAAAASSSSSSSSSSS well done mayne :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

how you getting on princepieman, any interview/rejections/offers?
Original post by Merril Lynch
how you getting on princepieman, any interview/rejections/offers?

Current status:
Waiting on: GS, Rothschild, BAML, Barclay's (post vid int), BNPP, CS, JPM, Citi and HSBC

Rejected by: DB, UBS, Lazard (post video int) and my app got withdrawn by Nomura for missing test deadline

You?

Will apply to BP, Blackrock and Fidelity this week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Current status:
Waiting on: GS, Rothschild, BAML, Barclay's (post vid int), BNPP, CS, JPM, Citi and HSBC

Rejected by: DB, UBS, Lazard (post video int) and my app got withdrawn by Nomura for missing test deadline

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied everywhere except for Blackrock where will apply now. Rejected from MS, BAML, Lazard, DB, UBS and Nomura. The best I got was the final stage at BAML. No offers (except for summer internship at PE which I obviously accepted straight away). Most of the rejections were after interviews. I am not too fussed about spring weeks tbh, as I am going abroad to University of Hong Kong for the following semester so it would be pricy and too much hassle. But anyway, if i got an offer i would of course go.

btw whats the whole BP thing? Spring week? Would you mind providing a link?
(edited 7 years ago)
Applied everywhere except for Blackrock where will apply now. Rejected from MS, BAML, Lazard, DB, UBS and Nomura. The best I got was the final stage at BAML. No offers (except for summer internship at PE which I obviously accepted straight away). Most of the rejections were after interviews. I am not too fussed about spring weeks tbh, as I am going abroad to University of Hong Kong for the following semester so it would be pricy and too much hassle. But anyway, if i got an offer i would of course go.

U can try to find some friends whose parents are in banking in HK. Loads of them do and HK is a place where contacts work far more easily and they definitely could make something for you.
[Source: Dad used to base in HK for 3 years in MM]

Posted from TSR Mobile

btw whats the whole BP thing? Spring week? Would you mind providing a link?

Oh yeah forgot about my MS rej.

Tbh bro, you'll have better luck next year in summer apps if my friends are anything to go by. SWs are nice and all but not the end of the line at all for getting into the industry - most people will have to end up re-applying for summers. Plus a PE internship will look solid on your CV.

HK is a sick place man (used to live there), sure you'll have a blast! Make sure to sample as much of the food as poss and ofc the girls :wink:

Spring week (called 'Discovery Week') in their physical trading arm (BP IST), it's paid iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help me with the BlackRock Virtual Cover Letter?

I can provide help with BAML (phone interview), Barclays (video-interview), Lazard (video-interview) in exchange. I can also provide names of a certain number of firms within finance field that offer summer internships for students graduating in 2019.
That moment you get an email from HR but it's just them saying your app is still under review for the second time -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Terry Tibbs
That moment you get an email from HR but it's just them saying your app is still under review for the second time -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got that email from HSBC 5 times already. think we are on the waiting list
Oh yeah forgot about my MS rej.

Tbh bro, you'll have better luck next year in summer apps if my friends are anything to go by. SWs are nice and all but not the end of the line at all for getting into the industry - most people will have to end up re-applying for summers. Plus a PE internship will look solid on your CV.

HK is a sick place man (used to live there), sure you'll have a blast! Make sure to sample as much of the food as poss and ofc the girls :wink:

Spring week (called 'Discovery Week':wink: in their physical trading arm (BP IST), it's paid iirc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

cheers man. good luck to you as well and yeah i am looking forward to go to HK!
For the non-UK students, were you interviewed by people from your same country?
Original post by usualsuspects

It has not happened to me according to my own experience, but I wouldn't say it's impossible
Original post by usualsuspects

No, who interviews you depends on the division you apply to. They don't have time to look at your nationality.
cheers man. good luck to you as well and yeah i am looking forward to go to HK!

HK is an amazing place - make sure you try the food! HKU is also great, pretty central (compared to HKUST and CUHK) so it should be quite easy to get around. :smile:
Original post by Farah233
It has not happened to me according to my own experience, but I wouldn't say it's impossible

Thank you for the response!

No, who interviews you depends on the division you apply to. They don't have time to look at your nationality.

It's for Lazard last round in this specific case so not divisional.

Another question, since JPM is IBD&Risk, shall we be prepared to answer questions on the risk function (of which I know nothing more than Margin Call) too? Like, can they ask us "why risk?" even if we chose it because we want to do IBD?
Rej from DB, reason they put was I am graduating in 2020 ( MEng 4 year course). Highly doubt this was the real reason as JPM had no issues and invited me to telephone interview. Is it worth emailing explaining my situation? (I have the opportunity to change to a BEng 3 year course).
Original post by chrisidialu
Rej from DB, reason they put was I am graduating in 2020 ( MEng 4 year course). Highly doubt this was the real reason as JPM had no issues and invited me to telephone interview. Is it worth emailing explaining my situation? (I have the opportunity to change to a BEng 3 year course).

pm'd you mate - similar thing happened to my mate. Decision is up to you whether you want the masters or want the bsc - you will still be able to apply to summers in 2nd + 3rd yr (3yr) or 3rd yr + 4th yr (4yr) so it depends in what year you want them.
Current status:

You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you want to go into AM?
Original post by chrisidialu

Trick is to have stated 3 years from the beginning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decided I might do a masters a Cambridge so thought I'd through an app in for Citti & Barclays SW. Anyone know how long it takes to get a test sent out just submitted them on Friday. Also what division is Investment Management/Fixed income under in the Blackrock SW app I only saw some operations crap? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending