The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gsbs2
no mate, I am joining stock count audit at grant thornton - i can link you my incoming linkedin

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's stock count audit?
Original post by Gozzy98
Posted from TSR Mobile
What's stock count audit?

you go into a warehouse and you count numbers of stock - you go into a parking and count parking spaces - you go into a building and count the number of bricks, etc.
anyone done rothschild and has any advice?? I can help with HSBC or Lazard
Rej MS.
Original post by Maestori
Rej MS.

Same -- they had been sitting on my application for quite a while so it was sorta expected
MS rejection - finally
Just bombed my GS interview. Still no news from MS..
Don't know why but I sort of want it to end - kinda fed up with the lengthy process of SW applications haha
Original post by Ratelatemate

Why did u bomb it, unexpected questions?
Original post by Gozzy98
Why did u bomb it, unexpected questions?

The interview questions are really hard for GS. Some of them are really weird and definitely impossible to prepare for.
Original post by Ratelatemate

Bombed mine too! Expected normal questions but got crazy ones... :cry2::cry:
I don't have a Goldman interview, but once all you boys have got over your tingling fear of giving others an unfair advantage with these random questions, I'd be really curious if you could tell us the sort of stuff they ask.
Anyone had an interview with Allen & Company or Qatalyst Partners? Help would be pretty much appreciated
Original post by Quiet_Male
I don't have a Goldman interview, but once all you boys have got over your tingling fear of giving others an unfair advantage with these random questions, I'd be really curious if you could tell us the sort of stuff they ask.

Original post by Trader07
Now I am veery curious what the questions look like even though I don't have an interview haha

I'm just gonna say that you couldn't even make up some of the **** they asked... :lol: Knowing these questions would make you 100x better candidate than anyone else!
Original post by Quiet_Male

Example: When did you have to make a decision without having all the information available? Then you have a few seconds to prepare your answer. Didn't do it but they usually have questions along these lines that test the persons ability to think on their feet as the kid that knew he wanted to be a banker ain't their real target for the SW. They know that kid will apply come recruitment cycle in the fall.
Original post by M&A-God
Example: When did you have to make a decision without having all the information available? Then you have a few seconds to prepare your answer. Didn't do it but they usually have questions along these lines that test the persons ability to think on their feet as the kid that knew he wanted to be a banker ain't their real target for the SW. They know that kid will apply come recruitment cycle in the fall.

Do the interview and come back and tell me what you thought. :wink: They did not ask for the regular wide BS questions, these were extremely specific and quite unique.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also, make sure you guys know GS 14 business principles and have stories how they somehow are aligned with your interests. Google the principles as they probably ask about them.
Original post by Quinqqq
Do the interview and come back and tell me what you thought. :wink: They did not ask for the regular wide BS questions, these were extremely specific and quite unique.

if you want to keep talking about the topic; stop making yourself interesting and mysterious and explain the type of questions. Otherwise, stop being pretentious about it
OK I'm now pissed off by DB.....wtf where is my f***ing application update? Will cross DB off from my list now
Also, any BNPP offers out? I reckon that interviews have been giving out for months but any update for offers?
Original post by Loolipoop
OK I'm now pissed off by DB.....wtf where is my f***ing application update? Will cross DB off from my list now
Also, any BNPP offers out? I reckon that interviews have been giving out for months but any update for offers?

Agree. Totally messing us around. Probably because they think we're a bunch of thirsty, desperate, easily rejectable first year kids, so they can spend as long as they like knowing we won't dare question their application process.

Sure we're always gonna accept their decision eventually, but they shouldn't resort to such a lack of professionalism - wannabe interns or not.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending