The Student Room Group

Driving Test on wednesday!!!!

OMG hyperventilating here lol:afraid::afraid::afraid:

this is my first test, I want to ask a few things.

1) is 20 meters far away?
2) heard that you only get 5 minutes for manoeuvre
3) any last minute tips
4) are you allowed to bring water with you?
5) show me, tell me did anyone have a brain fart where your mind goes blank with nerves?
6) im already feeling nervous and its only sunday
7) I hate silence in the car as im always chatting with my instructor lol
8) is there a manoeuvre where you will use indicator?
9)what happens if when you signal your indicator goes off when you need it to stay on do they mark you down for that?

my nerves are gone lol
Original post by ***Anya***

3) any last minute tips
5) show me, tell me did anyone have a brain fart where your mind goes blank with nerves?
9)what happens if when you signal your indicator goes off when you need it to stay on do they mark you down for that?

my nerves are gone lol

1) No
2) 5 minutes is a very long time to perform1 manoeuvre, realistically it should take you no longer than 1 minute.
3) Do the same as you were doing in lessons and you'll be fine.
4) Not sure, although you wouldn't really get chance to drink it as obviously you can't drink whilst driving
5) It's good to get it right but it's only 1 minor so not the end of the world, don't let it put you off if it does happen
6)
7) My examiner asked if I wanted to chat or for him to say silent, I think most do this.
8) Have you learnt the four manoeuvres? How were you taught to do them? Use the indicators in the same way you were taught in lessons.
9) If it goes off just put it back on again
Reply 2
I wish I could answer all your questions but I'm still learning to drive so I'm basically a noob :colondollar: but I just wanted to wish you well for your test! Let us know how you get on! Good luck :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. No
2. Haven't heard that one. My manoeuvre took around 3 minutes in total. There were a few cars around.
3. Stay as calm as you can. Treat it like another driving lesson and remember everything your instructor told you. Also open the window around an inch. It will let cool air in and stop you getting all hot and sweaty!
4. Don't think so. You couldn't drink it anyway so there's no point
5. It's fairly straightforward to be fair. Just stay calm and do your best.
6. That's not good. Get in some more practise if you can. It might make you feel more confident in your abilities and therefore stop the nerves!
7. You can chat with the examiner. I'm really quiet so I didn't but they'll chat with you, if you want them to.
8. You use the indicator in all the manoeuvres, I did anyway.
9. Just put it back on again and don't worry about it.

Hope this helps. Passed first time 6 Minors.
Reply 4

3) any last minute tips

my nerves are gone lol

Hi! I passed my test 3 weeks ago and I was bricking it so don't worry!

20 metres is not far no, it sounds further than it actually is. And I've not heard about getting 5 minutes for a manoeuvre, but to be honest 5 minutes is quite long. I don't think they time you, but if you are extremely slow they will probably think you don't know what you're doing. Just stay calm, know in yourself that you are a good driver and you know exactly what you're doing. Just be in the moment and don't think back on any mistakes (if you make any) because they will probably be nothing for you to worry about. And show me tell me, I messed mine up so bad but they weren't classed as minors so :P It's so normal to feel nervous, it's something that you could potentially pass and be free to drive for the rest of your life, so nerves are totally normal! Just have faith in yourself. And the instructor will chat to you if they are nice as they know this chills people out and calms them down. There is such a thing as too much thought when driving! And you use your indicator in a manoeuvre only if it is necessary, to warn people what you're doing. So if you're doing a parallel park and you're parked next to a car on the road ready to reverse, just stick on your left indicator to let them know you're not going to move out so they can overtake next to you on the other side. But don't take my word for this, double check with your instructor. And if your indicator comes off, just switch it back on. Indicators are annoying and they choose their moments when to switch off, so just flick it back on as if nothing ever happened. They won't mark you down as this isn't really your fault. However, you would get marked down if you just left it and didn't switch it back on.

Hope this helps and good luck!! :smile:
Reply 5
1) is 20 meters far away? For me it felt far away, even wearing my glasses i struggled :/ I had an optician visit who told me i can see four lines under the limit and that i can see that well i could apply for a pilots license but when it came to reading the number plate i did struggle, i think it could have been the weather conditions tho.
2) heard that you only get 5 minutes for manoeuvre....... never heard of that one, my examiner actually tells me to drag it out if i can as it eats into the time the test takes
3) any last minute tips... Stay calm!
4) are you allowed to bring water with you? Im sure you are , i didnt need too but my throat was so dry lol
5) show me, tell me did anyone have a brain fart where your mind goes blank with nerves? No but he did ask me to be a bit more elaborate in my reply during one question
6) im already feeling nervous and its only sunday , I have a driving test wedneseday too so i hear ya lol
7) I hate silence in the car as im always chatting with my instructor lol - my last examiner was lovely really chatty and helpful, i hope i get him again
8) is there a manoeuvre where you will use indicator? indicat to move off or as in reverse around corner indicate to pull up
9)what happens if when you signal your indicator goes off when you need it to stay on do they mark you down for that? you can get a minor, just pop it back on quickly

Good luck!!! :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you for all the helpful tips feeling much better today.

Going on a driving lesson at 12 so will go over everything I feel that needs tidying.
I have another one tomorrow
Then test is Wednesday
Hopefully I can reply in the ultimate pass my test thread lol

cat2280- good luck xxx

Thanks
Anya
Reply 7
Original post by cat2280
1) is 20 meters far away? For me it felt far away, even wearing my glasses i struggled :/ I had an optician visit who told me i can see four lines under the limit and that i can see that well i could apply for a pilots license but when it came to reading the number plate i did struggle, i think it could have been the weather conditions tho.
2) heard that you only get 5 minutes for manoeuvre....... never heard of that one, my examiner actually tells me to drag it out if i can as it eats into the time the test takes
3) any last minute tips... Stay calm!
4) are you allowed to bring water with you? Im sure you are , i didnt need too but my throat was so dry lol
5) show me, tell me did anyone have a brain fart where your mind goes blank with nerves? No but he did ask me to be a bit more elaborate in my reply during one question
6) im already feeling nervous and its only sunday , I have a driving test wedneseday too so i hear ya lol
7) I hate silence in the car as im always chatting with my instructor lol - my last examiner was lovely really chatty and helpful, i hope i get him again
8) is there a manoeuvre where you will use indicator? indicat to move off or as in reverse around corner indicate to pull up
9)what happens if when you signal your indicator goes off when you need it to stay on do they mark you down for that? you can get a minor, just pop it back on quickly

Good luck!!! :smile:

Good luck with your test xxx hope all goes well
Reply 8
Hi

Everyone

I failed on one stupid thing everything else was great to the examiner

I'm happy in one way because I can learn from it.

Thanks
Anya
Hi

Everyone

Thanks
Anya

What was it?
Hi

Everyone

Thanks
Anya

Don't worry I failed my first time as well :biggrin:! Got my next on Monday! I think it was just the nerves that got to me; I made mistakes that I never make during my lessons xD We'll see how it goes haha
Reply 11
I failed my first one I just put it down as a practise test 💪🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending