The Student Room Group

HIS3N - help with analysis

My college always tells us that, in order to get a high mark, we need to have a sustained analysis throughout our history essays. But, we're never actually told what an analysis is or how to put a sustained analysis in our essays.

For HIS3N (International Relations), how do you analyse? Do you have any examples?

Reply 1
Original post by mrls
My college always tells us that, in order to get a high mark, we need to have a sustained analysis throughout our history essays. But, we're never actually told what an analysis is or how to put a sustained analysis in our essays.

For HIS3N (International Relations), how do you analyse? Do you have any examples?

Basically when writing an essay, you need a strong introduction almost answering the question. Following this, 3/4 paragraphs for and against the statement/question. Ensure that each paragraph starts with an argument. Analysis is almost essentially answering the question and then using evidence to support your line of reasoning and using an event to show how what began/continued/ended the cold war. Put a solid conclusion in and you should at least gain 36/45, to which according to last years mark scheme is an A*. I hope this was helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending