The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You know when you grow up and stop believing in the tooth fairy or Santa.

Same thing, there comes a time where you have to let your imaginary friends go.
Reply 2
Original post by Cobalt_

There's a difference between imagination and faith Bruh
Faith is what helps you hold onto your beliefs. You left faith and faith left you. If only you read more about Islam you would've fallen in love with it more and more everyday.
No hate btw but just give it a try again.
So sorry if I bothered you in any way. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Cobalt_

Interesting take
Reply 4
Original post by Bliss_
There's a difference between imagination and faith Bruh
Faith is what helps you hold onto your beliefs. You left faith and faith left you. If only you read more about Islam you would've fallen in love with it more and more everyday.
No hate btw but just give it a try again.
So sorry if I bothered you in any way. <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did I mention anything about faith. I never used the word nor implied imagination and faith were the same thing.

However faith by definition is the strong belief in doctrines based on spiritual conviction rather than proof. Or in other words: Belief without evidence.

I cant speak for you however I tend to only believe in things with evidence behind them. If we find evidence suggesting an existence of a deity I will start believing in one, till then I wont. As it stances its highly improbable for a deity to exist never mind a personal god.

Also dont assume the reason I left Islam is due to knowledge. I read the Quran and Hadith and was extremely religious. I left because I knew too much, I saw the faults and errors within the belief system.

No hate btw but respect other peoples beliefs rather than assuming they left based on lack of knowledge. I know you didn't mean to but thats a very arrogant way of looking at things.

Enjoy your day.
Original post by Cobalt_

Also dont assume the reason I left Islam is due to knowledge. I read the Quran and Hadith and was extremely religious. I left because I knew too much, I saw the faults and errors within the belief system.

Enjoy your day.

Knowledge ? How much did you know ? Were you doing a part time course or something ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by redleader1
Knowledge ? How much did you know ? Were you doing a part time course or something ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Knowledge doesn't specifically only apply to formal education as you are implying with "part time course or something".

I read the Quran along with many hadith and was pretty knowledgeable when it came to certain topics and issues regarding Islam.
Original post by Cobalt_
Knowledge doesn't specifically only apply to formal education as you are implying with "part time course or something".

I read the Quran along with many hadith and was pretty knowledgeable when it came to certain topics and issues regarding Islam.

But did you speak to any Imams regarding topics you disagreed with ? Or was it more independant learning.
But did you speak to any Imams regarding topics you disagreed with ? Or was it more independant learning.

Why should you need a human for guidance?
Original post by macsalaama
Why should you need a human for guidance?

Why not ? So in school if you dont understand equations do you just leave it or seek guidance from a teacher. Even in job interviews they ask you where you have seeked appropriate guidance to make a decision.
Why not ? So in school if you dont understand equations do you just leave it or seek guidance from a teacher. Even in job interviews they ask you where you have seeked appropriate guidance to make a decision.

Sometimes I did, not always. I don't see what's wrong with independent learning.

Imams and scholars aren't infallible beings even according to Islam so what makes their understanding more valid than someone like Cobalt who learnt on his own?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes I did, not always. I don't see what's wrong with independent learning.

Imams and scholars aren't infallible beings even according to Islam so what makes their understanding more valid than someone like Cobalt who learnt on his own?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why should I go to a doctor when I know they are infallible, what difference does it make if I do surgery myself on a dog or let a vet do it? We both make mistakes right, so I might as well do it myself???? -_-
Scholars have studied the arabic language, seerah, tafseer, hadith and many other sciences for years (Usually 20+) making their understanding more valid then a average humans who has just read a mere word by word translation of the Quran.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lord Gaben can understand why some muslims inevitably decide to leave their faith, and would like to extend his best wishes and support to all ex-muslims. He would also like to cordially invite all ex-muslims to the Church of Gaben.
Original post by Lord Gaben
Lord Gaben can understand why some muslims inevitably decide to leave their faith, and would like to extend his best wishes and support to all ex-muslims. He would also like to cordially invite all ex-muslims to the Church of Gaben.

Don't beg it.
Original post by Cobalt_

are you an idiot?
Original post by Kraixo
Why should I go to a doctor when I know they are infallible, what difference does it make if I do surgery myself on a dog or let a vet do it? We both make mistakes right, so I might as well do it myself???? -_-
Scholars have studied the arabic language, seerah, tafseer, hadith and many other sciences for years (Ussualy 20+) making their understanding more valid then a average humans who has just read a mere word by word translation of the quran.

So there's some kind of hierarchy of authority? Why didn't Allah just send limited copies of the Quran then make scholars preach to the rest of us?

I always found that analogy to be quite stupid. Considering Allah/God sent a message for all of mankind yet some of you claim it's too hard to understand or comprehend as humans (since a God sent it with Godlike-understanding). No one (as far as I know) has claimed Medicine or Doctors are infallible, perfect or unchangeable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by theBranicAc
are you an idiot?

What makes him an idiot?
So there's some kind of hierarchy of authority? Why didn't Allah just send limited copies of the Quran then make scholars preach to the rest of us?

I always found that analogy to be quite stupid. Considering Allah/God sent a message for all of mankind yet some of you claim it's too hard to understand or comprehend as humans (since a God sent it with Godlike-understanding). No one (as far as I know) has claimed Medicine or Doctors are infallible, perfect or unchangeable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't make sense, aren't scholars humans??? So how is it beyond comprehension for humans?? It's the nature for human beings to learn stuff, and quran is a book which has to be learnt and digested the proper way.

Your acting like its super hard to go to find a accepted scholar to explain the quran or a certain verse which you have doubts abouto.o. The quran was revealed in Arabic which was spoken 1400 years ago obviously most people will have to read a tafseer to understand it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by theBranicAc
are you an idiot?

Believing in something without evidence seems pretty idiotic to me.
Original post by Kraixo
Don't beg it.

Are you an ex-muslim?