The Student Room Group

What is the best and efficient way to revise for Alevel Physics?

Exams are really close and i just wanted to know what kind of revision technique works best... OCR A
Hi, I find that going through each topic in the textbook and writing my own concise notes works best - also, try to use more than one textbook; I don't whether you're studying for the new AS or for A2, but I'd recommend the CGP revision guide (make sure you get the right specification as there are multiple versions, I had a friend who accidentally revised for his mock exams from the AQA one). It only includes the stuff you need whereas the textbook has lots of surplus information. Also if you're doing the new spec, don't forget to cover the practicals you should have done in class - these will be assessed in both exams. Some good youtube channels for revising content are A Level Physics Online and DrPhysicsA. No less than two weeks before the exam, start attempting past papers and perfecting you're exam technique, the examiner reports can be quite helpful for this. Again, if you're doing the new spec there will be multiple choice questions on the Breadth in Physics paper, and these can be quite challenging so try practising this type of question. Isaac Physics is a great free resource online that has loads of questions, and using other exam boards specimen papers is helpful as the content is largely the same. Hope this helps, if you're doing the new spec I'll be joining you, so good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by TheHobbit
Hi, I find that going through each topic in the textbook and writing my own concise notes works best - also, try to use more than one textbook; I don't whether you're studying for the new AS or for A2, but I'd recommend the CGP revision guide (make sure you get the right specification as there are multiple versions, I had a friend who accidentally revised for his mock exams from the AQA one). It only includes the stuff you need whereas the textbook has lots of surplus information. Also if you're doing the new spec, don't forget to cover the practicals you should have done in class - these will be assessed in both exams. Some good youtube channels for revising content are A Level Physics Online and DrPhysicsA. No less than two weeks before the exam, start attempting past papers and perfecting you're exam technique, the examiner reports can be quite helpful for this. Again, if you're doing the new spec there will be multiple choice questions on the Breadth in Physics paper, and these can be quite challenging so try practising this type of question. Isaac Physics is a great free resource online that has loads of questions, and using other exam boards specimen papers is helpful as the content is largely the same. Hope this helps, if you're doing the new spec I'll be joining you, so good luck! :smile:

Thanks this was really useful, yeah i'm doing the new spec... my school is doing the As exams and its less than 3 weeks... *Panicking* Good luck in your exams too

Quick Reply

Latest