The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kcl ws ba

Hi everyone !
I would ask you what is the value of the BA in War Studies : is it considered in the UK as a prestigious degree ?
Is it possible with this specific course to find internships in consultancy, finance,... ?
And what kind of master in Management can we hope with a 1st or 2:1 in war studies in Europe ?
Thank you for your help !
Reply 1
Original post by lecicesterrug
Hi everyone !
I would ask you what is the value of the BA in War Studies : is it considered in the UK as a prestigious degree ?
Is it possible with this specific course to find internships in consultancy, finance,... ?
And what kind of master in Management can we hope with a 1st or 2:1 in war studies in Europe ?
Thank you for your help !

Hi there - I'm currently in my second year my War StudiesBA. It is certainly considered to be prestigious - largely because of theuniquely multidisciplinary nature of the course which enables us to approachthe study of war from a holistic standpoint. This in turn makes it attractiveto a range of employers in different sectors - media, government, think tanks,security and many more. There isn't really a set career path after War Studiesso it is advisable to tailor your career profile in accordance with yourinterests - there certainly are a large number of consultancy and financeinternships available in London and thebreadth of a War Studies degree would mean that you would still be consideredto have a relevant skill set. As to your MA options, taking management is notparticularly common so I cannot necessarily say whether it would be consideredattractive. Hope this is of some help!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest