The Student Room Group

A453 OCR Computing Controlled Assessment Help?

So for our controlled assessment, we have to write up something called a 'Product Development' section. This it what it says I have to do:
There is detailed evidence showing development of the solution with evidence of systematic testing during development to show that all parts work as required.
The code is well organised with meaningful variable names and detailed annotation indicating the function of each section.

What is this supposed to mean? I thought it was the same as testing but it's not because after I write this up, I have to write out a Test Plan
Reply 1
PM me and I will discuss this with you further to see if i can help you out.
In the development, you just need to show screenshots of your progress of making the code. And annotate whats happening and what you are doing,
For example, explaining why you have used a particular function and what it does. :smile:.
You also have to include errors and show how you have overcome them (we were told to make up some errors purposely, as more errors help you get more marks, as you show how you fix them.)

Also, throughout your screenshots, (if your using Python), run the program and show the output at each stages.

The test plan and testing, is different, as you are testing if your code fits your success criteria/requirements.
For example, your criterion could be "The program should prompt the user for their name" and in the test plan table, you would right this, and then a column with the type of data it is e.g. erroneous, integer, e.t.c
Then in the third column show a screenshot of the python program outputting this.

Hope I've helped, :smile:.
Reply 3
Thanks for your comment but for the test plan we were told to screenshot our coding and put it on the test plan as evidence. Isn't that the same thing ur telling me to do for product development?
Original post by karnan1999
Thanks for your comment but for the test plan we were told to screenshot our coding and put it on the test plan as evidence. Isn't that the same thing ur telling me to do for product development?

Oh, i'm not sure - For development we were told to show the actual coding process and for the test plan, it was just screenshots of the code when it was run (particularly the parts where it meets the requirements/success criteria)

Quick Reply

Latest