Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Year 11 Prefect Application - advice please (:

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

What do you guys think? Anything to remove, anything else I should probably mention? Thanks (:
    Dear [Name],
    I am applying to be a Year 11 Prefect, in hopes of becoming further engaged and involved with the school. As a role that requires dedication and drive, I believe I am a suitable candidate as my commitment and ambition is prevalent through my presentation at school (both in terms of work and uniform) and grades – I have continuously achieved top grades throughout my entire school career, and have always been respectful of staff and my peers.

I have offered assistance at various school events, such as Open Evening, where I conversed with prospective students and their parents visiting the English Department, and the Year 7 Enrichment Day. During the Enrichment Day, I was responsible for directing a large group of Year 7 students on each of the two days – it was my role to accompany the students around the school, leading them to and from their designated activities. These two roles helped me gain confidence, as well as gave me experience in leading a large group and conversing with younger pupils. I also had to be extremely vigilant on the day, to make sure every student was present throughout the day.

I applied as a Student Librarian, starting in September 2015– a role I thoroughly and wholeheartedly enjoy. Working in the School Library allows me to contribute to the school, while establishing my organisation skills and ability to work in a team to support the education of other students at [School name]. Organisation is a vital attribute in the role, as we must keep our shelves in order, and the library clean to ensure it is the perfect environment for learning. Furthermore, I volunteer at the local [Town name] Library in town – my responsibilities include organising and maintaining the children’s area, and I have also applied to help during the Summer Reading Challenge.

Further outside of school, I take part in the Ikon Youth Programme – a group within the Ikon Gallery in Birmingham. My engagement in this group has allowed me to gain confidence, as well allowing me to develop my creativity and opening up my mind to the ideas and interpretations of others.It has allowed me to become more adaptable to formulating my own ideas independently and working in a team.

[School name] offers a multitude of opportunities to enable students to push themselves, and gain valuable experience – the role of prefect is just one example. I believe the experiences explained above, and the qualities I have developed as a result of them, will allow me to thrive in the position.

Yours sincerely,
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.