The Student Room Group

Chemistry C1

For the GCSE chemistry C1 Edexcel paper how do you answer the questions where you have to describe what you would see in reactions for e.g. copper carbonate + sulfuric acid. I havent been taught about this. Thanks
well as you know (or should), an Acid and Carbonate always makes a salt, water, and more importantly CO2.
so you would say a gas is given off (CO2)
it important to know that descibing questions need no scientific resonaning- just need to say what you would see, hear, or smell
You need to say what you will see
.It will fizz ( carbon dioxide gas is formed)
. The product will be copper sulfate( which is soluble)
. A solution is formed ( acid+ Carbonate-water + carbon dioxide+ salt
Original post by S.Rahman
For the GCSE chemistry C1 Edexcel paper how do you answer the questions where you have to describe what you would see in reactions for e.g. copper carbonate + sulfuric acid. I havent been taught about this. Thanks

Surely you would've done a practical on it?
pretty much all you ned to know are the general equations for all this stuff
for example
Carbonate+Acid--->Salt+CO2+Water
the if it asks you what you would see, recall the equation and think about it logically.
So if CO2 is produced then you'd see bubbling right?
Original post by ThePursuitOfAs
well as you know (or should), an Acid and Carbonate always makes a salt, water, and more importantly CO2.
so you would say a gas is given off (CO2)
it important to know that descibing questions need no scientific resonaning- just need to say what you would see, hear, or smell
Reply 4
Original post by S.Rahman

Hi here it is if you did not do it in school:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65taHAKiPyo

These practical are important though you may be asked about others too

Quick Reply

Latest