The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Ollie
Well, thought I should let my fellow Engineers know that I got a first in my first year! :biggrin:

Unexpected but very happy!

Nice one, keep up the good work!
Reply 2
Ollie
Well, thought I should let my fellow Engineers know that I got a first in my first year! :biggrin:

well done......but doesn't the first year usually counts for nothing towards your final degree???!!! :tongue:
Many Congratulations Ollie - i'm sure you can keep it up for the rest of your course.

MB
musicboy
Many Congratulations Ollie - i'm sure you can keep it up for the rest of your course.

MB

also did katy do ok? Has she found out yet?

MB
Reply 5
musicboy
also did katy do ok? Has she found out yet?

MB

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if she did or didn't, but I should imagine she did!
Reply 6
Ollie

Well done, looks like my signature did the trick. :wink:
Reply 7
guest1984
well done......but doesn't the first year usually counts for nothing towards your final degree???!!! :tongue:

No, because if you dossed for 2 years you can't just turn it up in Year 3/4.
Reply 8
Ollie

Congrats Ollie!!! Now you've just godda keep up the standard and your walk / stumble away with a first overall!!! :biggrin:
Reply 9
Leekey
Congrats Ollie!!! Now you've just godda keep up the standard and your walk / stumble away with a first overall!!! :biggrin:

I still think it's silly that only last year exams count. I think every year should count.
Reply 10
Momentum
I still think it's silly that only last year exams count. I think every year should count.

I have to get 60% over the 1st 2 years to do a masters. But the overall mark comes from the 2nd and 3rd (and 4th if masters) years.
Ollie

Woo well done! I expect help next year with my assignments...
Reply 12
Ollie
I have to get 60% over the 1st 2 years to do a masters. But the overall mark comes from the 2nd and 3rd (and 4th if masters) years.

That isn't too bad then, but it encourages first year dossing.
Reply 13
well done ollie.
i thought it was impossible to get a 1st
nice one!
Reply 15
* gets out the "Ollie has passed" fireworks :biggrin: *
Ollie

How very modest of you.

Latest