The Student Room Group

WJEC Language 2016 official prediction thread

EDIT: Literature is done! Language next!
WJEC English literature unit 1: Monday 23 May. WJEC English literature unit 2: Friday 27 May

WJEC English language unit 1 & 2 : Tuesday 7 June

What are your predictions on the English language unit 2 writing exam questions?Any tactics for approaching unit 1 reading? Tip? Answer structure? Timings?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

not exactly answering the question but what texts are on which paper and which comes first - is OMAM on Unit 1 or what? Thanks :smile:
I'm studying the exact same literature texts and my teacher usually predicts correctly the themes and characters which might come up.
For omom, we are predicting a George and Lennie (friendship) essay or possibly a slim essay (possibly linked to the theme of justice or violence).
For a Christmas Carol, we have predicted something along the lines of christmas and religion .
For blood brothers, we have a feelings that there might be a possible question on the narrator or sammy or the theme of Marilyn Monroe.

For your writing exam, I think there might be formal letter and an informal letter. There hasn't be an informal letter for a few years, I think. There is always a formal writing task in this exam, so a report could also be a possibility.

Hope this can be of some help.
Unit 1: Of mice and men and poetry
Unit 2: a Christmas Carol and A view from the Bridge
Predicted A* for language and literature
Reply 4
That's great and very useful. I was thinking the same about OMAM
Reply 5
Curley will come up for Of Mice And Men.
Reply 6
Original post by IXDESIGN
Curley will come up for Of Mice And Men.

It will not because a Curley essay question came up on the January English literature resit. So that is a definite no
Reply 7
Original post by bmagcse2016
I'm studying the exact same literature texts and my teacher usually predicts correctly the themes and characters which might come up.
For omom, we are predicting a George and Lennie (friendship) essay or possibly a slim essay (possibly linked to the theme of justice or violence).
For a Christmas Carol, we have predicted something along the lines of christmas and religion .
For blood brothers, we have a feelings that there might be a possible question on the narrator or sammy or the theme of Marilyn Monroe.

For your writing exam, I think there might be formal letter and an informal letter. There hasn't be an informal letter for a few years, I think. There is always a formal writing task in this exam, so a report could also be a possibility.

Hope this can be of some help.

I totally agree with you
Reply 8
Does anyone have an idea of what will come up for Unit 2? (Lord of the flies & A View from the Bridge)
I think a question on Beatrice is likely
Reply 10
My teacher is suspecting that a question on writing a lively guide will come up
Anyone have any predictions for edexcel gcse all of them
I think Simon or Jack could come up on the LOTF exam as these characters haven't featured on any wjec exams before :smile: @Willls
As for AVFTB, I'm not too sure. :frown:
Reply 13
I just hope that the questions will allow us to cover wide range of topics in literature. Fingers crossed
Reply 14
Literature essay questions are context focused now so we need to focus on things like loneliness as a migrant worker - just for an example with Of Mice and Men
Reply 15
Original post by MBK14
Literature essay questions are context focused now so we need to focus on things like loneliness as a migrant worker - just for an example with Of Mice and Men

Totally agree. My English teacher predicts that a character essay question on Curley's wife, George, and slim. A theme question on animal reference might come up.
Reply 16
Original post by TracyEmu
Totally agree. My English teacher predicts that a character essay question on Curley's wife, George, and slim. A theme question on animal reference might come up.
I think Curley's wife would be such a good question. There is so many contextual points to make about her. Also unseen poetry is supposed to be the section to worry about least because any interpretation is valid with evidence
Umm I only study OMAM and I do Heroes and AIC...However for OMAM-it could've been Curley's Wife...but she came up in the January paper..so there's a possibility of Slim...and maybe for Curley's Wife there would be a possibility that there would be a question based on women's class, victims of society etc..so for that, you could do Curley's Wife, Aunt Clara and the ladies at the cathouses...hope this helps!
Any predictions for lotf and avftb also?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun
Umm I only study OMAM and I do Heroes and AIC...However for OMAM-it could've been Curley's Wife...but she came up in the January paper..so there's a possibility of Slim...and maybe for Curley's Wife there would be a possibility that there would be a question based on women's class, victims of society etc..so for that, you could do Curley's Wife, Aunt Clara and the ladies at the cathouses...hope this helps!

I thought it was Candy last June and Curley in January? What contextual points are there for Slim if anyone could help? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending