The Student Room Group

Is A level maths hard

Im in uk and year ten however im doing my mathmatics gcse this year and im currently working at past an a star and get 94-98 on average when soing past papers, and in year 11 i am doing additional mathmatics which i think has ucas value. Im just wodering will i find mathmatics(further) at a level hard as people say it is, or is it just how hard you work. is an A star achievable
Original post by harrywinnie
Im in uk and year ten however im doing my mathmatics gcse this year and im currently working at past an a star and get 94-98 on average when soing past papers, and in year 11 i am doing additional mathmatics which i think has ucas value. Im just wodering will i find mathmatics(further) at a level hard as people say it is, or is it just how hard you work. is an A star achievable

No doubt that you will find it more challenging - as it is more difficult than GCSE'S, after all it is A level Maths, But, that does not mean that you won't do well, it's really all about how much effort you are willing to put in to help yuorself understand the subjects more...
Yes, but everything is more difficult at A level, that goes without saying.

I got an A at GCSE (A* in my mock :/) with no effort whatsoever, which lets be honest most people manage to do, so I assumed I'd be able to coast through AS Maths and I was totally wrong. Found it way too hard and got a U and dropped it. If you're naturally good at maths then you'll already have a slight advantage, but you need to genuinely enjoy the subject and put in the hours because you'll end up doing bad if you try and coast on your natural ability.

Quick Reply

Latest