The Student Room Group

Student life at Exeter

Hi there ,
Im thinking of studying marine biology at the university of exeters cornwall campus , but im a but concerned about the studentlife. I want a holisitic uni experience so the nightlife and social life is very important to me. Can anyone tell me what the scene is like at cornwall and please say its not a dead town like ive heard. My second option are ucl and york but i will have to do biology not marine which is why i prefer the look of exeter ! Thanks in advance
Original post by alex.lord99
Hi there ,
Im thinking of studying marine biology at the university of exeters cornwall campus , but im a but concerned about the studentlife. I want a holisitic uni experience so the nightlife and social life is very important to me. Can anyone tell me what the scene is like at cornwall and please say its not a dead town like ive heard. My second option are ucl and york but i will have to do biology not marine which is why i prefer the look of exeter ! Thanks in advance

The nightlife does not really compare to places like London. There's only one club but there is more of a pub culture here. We also have the Stannary (student union) which holds events. Have you visited the campus?
Reply 2
Original post by GemmaConlin
The nightlife does not really compare to places like London. There's only one club but there is more of a pub culture here. We also have the Stannary (student union) which holds events. Have you visited the campus?

No not yet I am not able to attend the open days so my only time visiting will be my interview. Is there a good social life within the university ?
Thread title is a little misleading

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hi there ,

Hello Alex,

I'm going to include a link to a website which publishes stories about students' personal experiences at their universities. You might find this story helpful: http://feel.news/university-of-exeter-student-story/

Have a great day,
Ecro
No not yet I am not able to attend the open days so my only time visiting will be my interview. Is there a good social life within the university ?

I'd definitely try and visit to get a feel for the place as it's very different to your other two choices which our cities. There's lots of societies (the student union should help you with finding out more with this http://www.fxu.org.uk ) to get involved in which have their own socials etc. Have you applied yet or are you applying next year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending