The Student Room Group

think i might fail a gcse

I have 10 days till my law exam and I still have not started revising properly. I got my mock grade back today and I was so devastated because I got a C. Some people might say you should be happy, but I'm not. My own teacher thinks I won't get higher than this and this upsets me because I used to get an A in this subject. Some content I know, but some I haven't revised properly or looked at in a while (long time). But I know I'm not a bad student. Do you think it's possible to revise the whole content fully with intensive revision and get an A? Does anyone have any tips on how to revise properly and cram quickly? Thanks:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I have 10 days till my law exam and I still have not started revising properly. I got my mock grade back today and I was so devastated because I got a C. Some people might say you should be happy, but I'm not. My own teacher thinks I won't get higher than this and this upsets me because I used to get an A in this subject. Some content I know, but some I haven't revised properly or looked at in a while (long time). But I know I'm not a bad student. Do you think it's possible to revise the whole content fully with intensive revision and get an A? Does anyone have any tips on how to revise properly and cram quickly? Thanks:frown:

Get that revision book and CRAM. Cram like INSANITY. It's so hard to fail a GCSE when you know you're good at it and if you used to get A's then you know you can do it!!!! Don't look for validation in other people's responses. Ask your teacher or someone who is aware of the syllabus and past papers what they think will be on the exam. Revise the main things that they say will come up. Get the past papers up and look at common questions and how to answer them to get as many marks as you can. Revise the major things. If you have only a short space of time then there is no point trying to remember tiny things that probably won't be on the exam. There isn't much time but there is still time.

Turn off your phone. Ignore your friends. Stay AWAY from social media and revise the F-CK outta ur notes.

Good luck, kiddo.

(P.s If you find GCSE law hard, don't do a-level law because you will want to commit yourself to a mental asylum just to get away from it all after three months of studying. It's intense and so much harder than GCSE.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Clintbarton
Get that revision book and CRAM. Cram like INSANITY. It's so hard to fail a GCSE when you know you're good at it and if you used to get A's then you know you can do it!!!! Don't look for validation in other people's responses. Ask your teacher or someone who is aware of the syllabus and past papers what they think will be on the exam. Revise the main things that they say will come up. Get the past papers up and look at common questions and how to answer them to get as many marks as you can. Revise the major things. If you have only a short space of time then there is no point trying to remember tiny things that probably won't be on the exam. There isn't much time but there is still time.

Turn off your phone. Ignore your friends. Stay AWAY from social media and revise the F-CK outta ur notes.

Good luck, kiddo.

(P.s If you find GCSE law hard, don't do a-level law because you will want to commit yourself to a mental asylum just to get away from it all after three months of studying. It's intense and so much harder than GCSE.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so so much, you've got my confidence back and I'll be sure to take up your advice, it's really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending