The Student Room Group
Reply 1
clearing
are their any universities which do clearing for medicine?

n/o, but if you're looking to read medicine then you shouldn;t even be considering clearing
Reply 2
clearing
are their any universities which do clearing for medicine?

Last year, there were 12 clearing places for medicine nationwide. Not exactly an easy way to apply.
Reply 3
Guest Rob
Last year, there were 12 clearing places for medicine nationwide. Not exactly an easy way to apply.

u could give it a go, but probably best to sit this one out and re apply next year. unfortunatly, medicine requires high grades. or you could do a degree in a relevent degree and then medicine off the back of that
Reply 4
Ollie
u could give it a go, but probably best to sit this one out and re apply next year. unfortunatly, medicine requires high grades. or you could do a degree in a relevent degree and then medicine off the back of that

is it possible to start a degree and at the same time apply to study medicine for the following year?
Reply 5
gfjhhk
is it possible to start a degree and at the same time apply to study medicine for the following year?

a degree is more than a year, im not sure on this one

sorry! they might want good result (eg2.1)
Reply 6
Ollie
a degree is more than a year, im not sure on this one

sorry! they might want good result (eg2.1)

i think he meant start the degree and drop out after a year to do medicine
Reply 7
gfjhhk

The University of Leicester are currently running a shortened medicine degree (4 years, I think) for post graduates. You could do a first degree in whatever you liked, and then do the short medicine degree. However, the total time at University would be longer this way.

I am a doctor with an interest in education.

Latest