The Student Room Group

HOW DO I REVISE IN 4 DAYS AND GET ALL As

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lazybutorganised
You are just plain rude, you need to learn what a friend or mate actually is. and i need to revise, bye!

I think your friends should have been pressuring you to do some work and revision and start a lot earlier. Maybe we have differing opinions on what friends should be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
You're welcome. I have no sympathy for students who leave everything to the last minute and then resort to forums for help and there seems to be a lot of these posts during exam period. Anyways good luck, I'm sure you'll need it.

then go away
[QUOTE=Captain Jack;64728243]Make a list of key facts, walk around memorising it in your head until you know it. Move onto the next thing. It takes me about 30 minutes to learn a list of 10 'complex' things by heart. But it's possible.

Doing the past papers will shock you into realising the things you don't know which will help you memorise things on the day.

thanks for that, i have the general idea of each topic. stats 1 is killing me rn
Original post by Captain Jack
Make a list of key facts, walk around memorising it in your head until you know it. Move onto the next thing. It takes me about 30 minutes to learn a list of 10 'complex' things by heart. But it's possible.

Doing the past papers will shock you into realising the things you don't know which will help you memorise things on the day.

yes but if you memorise the concept you can easily regurgitate but its unlikely OP will understand it enough to apply it to A03 style questions
Original post by sophiamarni
then go away

I was already gone, why bring me back? Anyways I'm actually more than willing to help those who actually need help a.k.a. people who actually try.
[QUOTE=pizzanomics;64728327]I think your friends should have been pressuring you to do some work and revision and start a lot earlier. Maybe we have differing opinions on what friends should be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes they were, I am responsible for my own revision, you shoukd just keave me alone, thanks :smile: i only have this much done, thanks to them. mind your own business about friends, you dont know me.
Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
I was already gone, why bring me back? Anyways I'm actually more than willing to help those who actually need help a.k.a. people who actually try.

then why didnt you
[QUOTE=BlueIsTheNewRed;64728443]I was already gone, why bring me back? Anyways I'm actually more than willing to help those who actually need help a.k.a. people who actually try.
freak
Reply 28
Ive got 4 days until my first AS exam and I am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. somebody help?!?! I study Bio, Chem, Maths and psychology. I need 4 As this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

Please post your results on here come results day :h:
I honestly believe that to get a good grade overall in a subject, you need to have a deep understanding of the content.

All out Cramming doesn't really help (Especially not in Maths & Sciences) and certainly won't get you the highest of grades (Unless you're a genius) and manage to pull it off, but it just seems very unlikely.

Even the geniuses, would start a few weeks before hand.
Ive got 4 days until my first AS exam and I am no way prepared. I am a last minute person and always cram like 2 days before. I have revised bits for each subject but i am no way confident or ready. somebody help?!?! I study Bio, Chem, Maths and psychology. I need 4 As this year, any advice and motivation? Can i do it?

It depends on your current situation. If you've consistently been getting As on essays/tests/practice papers etc. then you've got a good chance. If you haven't, then 4 As is essentially impossible. Get cramming - but be realistic. Getting some sleep will help more than studying throughout the night, for example.

You say you need 4 As - any particular reason? Unless you're applying for medicine, you'd be fine with AAAB for most courses at most universities. Your personal statement, predicted grades, reference, interview (if applicable) will all form a large part of your UCAS application, so not getting 4 As is not the end of the world. I say this as someone I thought I had to get 4 As at AS, was expecting to get 4 As at AS, and ultimately got AAABB. But that didn't harm my UCAS application - I got five offers for law, four of which were from Russell Group universities.

So essentially, cram but also sleep. Have realistic expectations, and know that not getting 4 As is fine.
[QUOTE=annaj97;64728623]Please post your results on here come results day :h:

ofcourse, lol. I need those As, 18th August omg
Reply 32
You have 4 days that means you need to be using the 24 hours very carefully. You need to study at least 6 hours per day, if don't do that, then don't even think about it.

I don't know when your next exams are but for the one in 4 days you need to be done with it not now but in 2 days, right now you focus on the exam after that one, then after those 2 days you revise for the actual exam in 4 days in those 2 days before the exam. That means sleeping, eating studying. That is your life now, if you want to make it.

You have 2 days to finish the exam that is coming up in after the 4 days exam, if you do have a nice gap after that one then spend all the days revising for that one but if one of them is straight after you need to split it up!

Take it step by step, topic by topic, you need to be smart about how you revise, because you don't have time you literally do not have time to write so you need to use drawings, symbols, art, whatever you can imagine. After you have your paintings, then attack those papers like it's the devil from hell and you put him down like a beast from the East!

Make sure you believe in yourself and ignore those who doubt you. If you focus and be smart about how you do things in the next 4 days, meaning considering every hour, then you will make it.
[QUOTE=doctorwhofan98;64728689]It depends on your current situation. If you've consistently been getting As on essays/tests/practice papers etc. then you've got a good chance. If you haven't, then 4 As is essentially impossible. Get cramming - but be realistic. Getting some sleep will help more than studying throughout the night, for example.

You say you need 4 As - any particular reason? Unless you're applying for medicine, you'd be fine with AAAB for most courses at most universities. Your personal statement, predicted grades, reference, interview (if applicable) will all form a large part of your UCAS application, so not getting 4 As is not the end of the world. I say this as someone I thought I had to get 4 As at AS, was expecting to get 4 As at AS, and ultimately got AAABB. But that didn't harm my UCAS application - I got five offers for law, four of which were from Russell Group universities.

So essentially, cram but also sleep. Have realistic expectations, and know that not getting 4 As is fine.

so far, i have got As and Bs in my mocks, with cramming. and yes i dont mind one B, with maths past papers i am doing now i'm getting 85-90%, and around the same for psych. just worried about bio and chem. Any other revison techniques you would recommend?? (sorry about the grammar, my phone isnt the best place to reply to people)
Why do you "need" four A's? It's pretty much impossible - unless you've been getting those grades during mocks - with how much time you have left, but to maximise your chances of getting the grades you want, my advice would be to cover the spec ASAP for each subject, and then do papers to help highlight any areas you're still struggling with. There isn't much point in doing papers if you're not confident with the very basics. For Maths, I would recommend ExamSolutions if you want a concise explanation. Also, if I were you, I'd try the best I can to achieve a good grade in the exams next week, but focus more on the other exams for those subjects which follow a few weeks after. This gives you much more time to prepare, and hopefully perform better. Best of luck!
freak

Haha I know I am a freak. Now stop wasting your time replying to me (best advice I'm gonna give), I'm just gonna hang around and see how far you get. :biggrin:
[QUOTE=Reda2;64728729]You have 4 days that means you need to be using the 24 hours very carefully. You need to study at least 6 hours per day, if don't do that, then don't even think about it.

I don't know when your next exams are but for the one in 4 days you need to be done with it not now but in 2 days, right now you focus on the exam after that one, then after those 2 days you revise for the actual exam in 4 days in those 2 days before the exam. That means sleeping, eating studying. That is your life now, if you want to make it.

You have 2 days to finish the exam that is coming up in after the 4 days exam, if you do have a nice gap after that one then spend all the days revising for that one but if one of them is straight after you need to split it up!

Take it step by step, topic by topic, you need to be smart about how you revise, because you don't have time you literally do not have time to write so you need to use drawings, symbols, art, whatever you can imagine. After you have your paintings, then attack those papers like it's the devil from hell and you put him down like a beast from the East!

Make sure you believe in yourself and ignore those who doubt you. If you focus and be smart about how you do things in the next 4 days, meaning considering every hour, then you will make it.
honestly the best reply i have read, I HOPE I CAN DO THIS, I ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN MYSELF, THAT IS SOME AMAZING ADVICE. wishing you the best in whatever you do!
Reply 37
Id say unlikely. Have you seen how hard the exams are nowadays? It isn't enough to remember how to answer a question. You need to know the topic inside and out, back to front, so that when they threw loads of curveballs at you in the exam you're comfortable coming at it from different angles.

4 A's? I'm guessing you have about 10-12 exams. That's a lot.

Good luck, but hopefully you don't make this mistake next year for A2 exams. At A2 it really becomes impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xenon17
yes but if you memorise the concept you can easily regurgitate but its unlikely OP will understand it enough to apply it to A03 style questions

Anything is possible. They've only got four days so they might as well try.

Solutions not problems. Negative thinking is a waste of time.
so far, i have got As and Bs in my mocks, with cramming. and yes i dont mind one B, with maths past papers i am doing now i'm getting 85-90%, and around the same for psych. just worried about bio and chem. Any other revison techniques you would recommend?? (sorry about the grammar, my phone isnt the best place to reply to people)

I do all essay subjects, so quite different to yours, but what works for me is simply copying out my notes again and again until I know them; reading alone isn't as effective. I don't do Maths or sciences but past papers seems to be the best revision for those, primarily Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest