The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to be reading for pleasure :biggrin:, can't wait for bloody exams to end so I can chill!
Reply 21
I've read the hp books from 3 onwards on the day that they were released. The longs ones generally take between 5 and 6 hours.
a lot :biggrin:

iv already bought 2 new books which im saving till after my exams.
Size 14 is not fat - Meg Cabot
The life & times of thunderbolt kid - Bill Bryson [legend!]
A short history of nearly everything - Bill Bryson [re-read]
and of course..
Harry Potter haha.
ukebert
Do you have a local library?

:sadnod: ....We have school library but they dnt give books over the summer, University library give books only for students (and i am still not Uni student ) and there is another library that have no books and you need to pay for it, .....AND almost in all of them the books are either crap or in Arabic :frown:...So I always get books from my grandmother but this year I am not going to Ukraine :bawling:......And my friends here dnt read anything....they hate reading :dong:
Reply 24
Ouchie. Looks like you're in trouble. You can occassionaly get cheap books off eBay, second hand bookshops, or oxfam is the logical choice, but from your posts I gather you have none where yu are anyway.

Bill Bryson rocks :biggrin:
ukebert
Ouchie. Looks like you're in trouble. You can occassionaly get cheap books off eBay, second hand bookshops, or oxfam is the logical choice, but from your posts I gather you have none where yu are anyway.

Yeap bigggg trouble, and a no second hand bookshops.ppl here dnt read and if someone reads they dnt sell there books....Middle East :s-smilie:
Reply 26
hmm, don't know what to suggest, sorry.

Except that you can get free e-books if you know where to look, I seem to remember seeing something on TSR about books avaliable on the internet for free.
Reply 27
That looks good, although trying to read crime and punishment on the screen would be a pain. Shame it only has one chapter per page.
Reply 28
Thank you both :redface:
Reply 30
I hate when you start reading a book and it's a real drag, and you want to get on to something else but want to finish the first book. I'm reading a history of Latin America, and while it's interesting and informative I kind of want to read other books. But I don't like reading multiple books at once because I inevitably forget about one of them.
Hmm, yes I know the feeling!! I tend to read a book for a couple of chapters or even half the way through and then leave it to read another book!! I'm still half way through Catch-22, 5 chapters in for Angela's Ashes, gave up on those to re-read The Lord of The Rings, got through The Fellowship of The Ring, began The Two Towers, but had to leave that about 6 chapters in to re-read my texts for English A-Level!! So bit of a nightmare situation!!
Will be glad when exams are finished then I can finish all my books and then reading the obligatory book 7 for Harry Potter!! Looking forward to it!!
OH yes and I've just begun reading a fantasy novel by Steph Swainston - which is so gripping that i've had trouble putting it down recently!!
Reply 32
W.O.N.D.E.R
Thank you both :redface:

You're welcome :smile: Hope you get some reading done somehow.
ukebert

You knows it :biggrin: he's such a legend. and so funny too.
I want to buy Bryson's Dictionary of Troublesome Words by him, apparently its good stuff.
Don't bother with any other site offering books online for free unless it is project gutenberg
All the other sites just copy and paste their books from here and then put adverts on the page.
Reply 35
Anyone reading Thomas Kuhn?
Reply 36
ukebert
Ah yes, I've set myself a challenge... all 6 Harry potters the day before the 7th comes out. I've worked out that I should just be able to do it.

Loser!
Reply 37
Phillip
Loser!

:wink:

EarthQuaker
You knows it :biggrin: he's such a legend. and so funny too.
I want to buy Bryson's Dictionary of Troublesome Words by him, apparently its good stuff.

That's one of the books about language that he's written, none of which I have read. I tried Mother Tongue once, but put it down and didn't pick it up again.
Reply 38
Excalibur
The Lovely Bones is a great book, though it's surprising that you're doing that for English Lit - it's still quite new!

Oooh, must read Saturday too. In fact, I have about 30+ books listed that I want to read.......

Yea, we get to choose a book next year to go with our coursework option so I thought I would give read Lovely Bones to see if it would fit in well.

Going to start Saturday (the book) today, yeah, heh, I'm like that.

Latest

Trending

Trending