The Student Room Group

Getting an A?

(Philosophy and Ethics AS)
know that the exam is only in a few days but I was wondering if anybody could help me? The highest I've ever gotten on an essay is a B. I don't think this is because I'm lacking knowledge, I think that I just don't know how to successfully structure the essays. My teacher claims that i don't need a structure since I'm achieving my target grade, but I want to move up. So, I was wondering if anyone who's getting A's could help? Like tell me what structure you usually use, or even give an example?? Thank you. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I achieve A/A* in Religious Education (Edexcel) and the structure that i use to answer questions b, c and d is that I have an individual paragraph for each of my points, this makes it easier for me to see how many points i have included in the answer (especially for the c* question) and also it makes it easier for me to see what i have written when checking my answer if i have time at the end. Also, by having a paragraph for each point it makes it easier for the examiner to mark because its not all clumped up into one long paragraph.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending