The Student Room Group

Phone stolen at work what would you do?

Scroll to see replies

I am not sure if this could help in retrieving your phone, but what if you present the IMEI number to the Police?! This number is unique to each and every phone on the planet; the same number would be present on the Box of your phone (assuming you bought it in its box), as well as on the back of the phone (you might need to remove the battery), or from the settings. By the way, if you have this service offered by your telecom provider, the IMEI number could be used to blacklist a phone; he'd not be able to use it for any sort of communication.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Najeed23
I am not sure if this could help in retrieving your phone, but what if you present the IMEI number to the Police?! This number is unique to each and every phone on the planet; the same number would be present on the Box of your phone (assuming you bought it in its box), as well as on the back of the phone (you might need to remove the battery), or from the settings. By the way, if you have this service offered by your telecom provider, the IMEI number could be used to blacklist a phone; he'd not be able to use it for any sort of communication.

The guy who stole it would obviously sell the phone not use it for himself
Original post by Panda99986!
Don't slag off this person u branded as a jerk because you can't exactly say much can you? Ur brain is probably like a pea mate so don't try it. and anyway no one forced u into saying it did they???

This person is you making another account how sad are you? you can tell by how similar both posts are.
Atleast I can form proper sentences unlike you with your 'ur' and 'u' so my brain is bigger than yours.
Original post by Mitul106
Hey so I was at work on sunday left my phone on charge in the staff room (everyone does this) ironically mines was stolen. Ive contacted the police, and know who it is just need the evidence. Thats all being sorted but im unsure as to whether I still want to work there. Im at college so exams are coming up, its only a part time job at sportsdirect, plus I have enough money saved for the next 5 months including insurance payments. Wondering if you guys could give me opinions and help me decide, would you guys leave?

There's no reason why you should leave, don't they have security cameras anyway? That person needs to be the one who quits, not you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending