The Student Room Group

can exam boards do that ????

Basically i have diabetes and I missed three GCSE exam, I called the invigilator because I was vomiting and dizzy so I couldn't even concentrate. the invigilator is saying that because I missed three exams they might not let me do them????

that is so unfair
can they do that

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SavetheStudent
Basically i have diabetes and I missed three GCSE exam, I called the invigilator because I was vomiting and dizzy so I couldn't even concentrate. the invigilator is saying that because I missed three exams they might not let me do them????

that is so unfair
can they do that

They aren't allowed to do that, if you've missed other exams then it can't affect whether you can do the rest...that's wrong
They won't let you do them, you probably asked people for the answers

that is so unfair
can they do that

They might not let you do what? Anymore exams or these current ones?

Its not for the invigilator to say . It will be up to the exam officer. they will have rules on sickness and absence. If you are skick and vomiting in your exams, then this will be a distraction to thers. I think they will just take advice on what to do. Mayeb they will let you sit in a room by yourself if they can arrange cover.

If you are this ull from the diabetes then surely you know how it affects you?
Original post by 999tigger
They might not let you do what? Anymore exams or these current ones?

Its not for the invigilator to say . It will be up to the exam officer. they will have rules on sickness and absence. If you are skick and vomiting in your exams, then this will be a distraction to thers. I think they will just take advice on what to do. Mayeb they will let you sit in a room by yourself if they can arrange cover.

If you are this ull from the diabetes then surely you know how it affects you?

The exam officer was like I won't obtain a grade
No there not disqualifying me from my other exams he's saying that because I missed the three exams then they won't let me redo them
No there not disqualifying me from my other exams he's saying that because I missed the three exams then they won't let me redo them

I think it is fair because by now you would be able to get answers for the exams. Instead they may give you an 'X' which indicates that you didn't take the exam.
I think they would use your recent mock results if you had a medical reason for not doing it (at least that's what happened with someone in my school last year)
Original post by surina16
I think it is fair because by now you would be able to get answers for the exams. Instead they may give you an 'X' which indicates that you didn't take the exam.

But I need these exams to do a specific subject at a level

You mean redo them next year?

Youve changed from "might not" to "not". the former allows for the possibiliyu they may, whereas the other confirms they have already decided. be clear in what you mean.

Have you provided them with a medical certificate from the Dr to confirm your inability to sit the exam? They will need at least that when making the decision.

It may be the school has a policy of only paying for exams once and resits are your responsibility. You are too vague, so perhaps go and talk to your teacher or year master to determine what the true situation is.

The other aspect is that you need to forget about exams past and focus on the ones you can sit.
You mean redo them next year?

Youve changed from "might not" to "not". the former allows for the possibiliyu they may, whereas the other confirms they have already decided. be clear in what you mean.

Have you provided them with a medical certificate from the Dr to confirm your inability to sit the exam? They will need at least that when making the decision.

It may be the school has a policy of only paying for exams once and resits are your responsibility. You are too vague, so perhaps go and talk to your teacher or year master to determine what the true situation is.

The other aspect is that you need to forget about exams past and focus on the ones you can sit.

But I need to take those exams to do what a subject at a level
But I need to take those exams to do what a subject at a level

So are you expecting to take the papers you missed?
So are you expecting to take the papers you missed?

The invigilator said that he thinks that they won't give me a chance to do them. But he said its up to the exam board.
The invigilator said that he thinks that they won't give me a chance to do them. But he said its up to the exam board.

I think you have no chance to be allowed to sit the exams that have already been sat. If that is what you are asking? They have been compromised and other students know what was on the paper.

You missed them. You can do the resits when they next show up.

If your subject required 2 exams and you only missed one, then you can apply for extenuating circs and they may consider giving you a grade based on how you peform on the exam completed and your predicted.
[QUOTE="999tigger;65240057"]I think you have no chance to be allowed to sit the exams that have already been sat. If that is what you are asking? They have been compromised and other students know what was on the paper.

You missed them. You can do the resits when they next show up.

If your subject required 2 exams and you only missed one, then you can apply for extenuating circs and they may consider giving you a grade based on how you peform on the exam completed and your predicted.[/QUOTE

Can you still be accepted into colleege to do a level with conditional offer
They send a special request form to the exam board and you will most probably get whatever your predicted grades are for those three exams. In my GCSE's, a girl was sick all over her English paper (gross I know) about ten minutes in. The invigilator a filled some reports and our exams admin applied for special measures. If you can prove your illness (eg doctors note) then you'll be ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you still be accepted into colleege to do a level with conditional offer

You will need to contact the college amd supply them with all the evidence. That includes supporting evidence from your school and Dr. They may let you start if you agree to retake the GCSE as well. You need to get off TSR now and focus on the rest of your exams.

If you do really well in the rest of your exams that will indicate you are an able sudent.
(edited 7 years ago)

that is so unfair
can they do that

You will have to wait next year now. You cant do em the answers are out now. The test can only be done at the specfic date that was given out. Thats about it.
You will need to contact the college amd supply them with all the evidence. That includes supporting evidence from your school and Dr. They may let you start if you agree to retake the GCSE as well. You need to get off TSR now and focus on the rest of your exams.

If you do really well in the rest of your exams that will indicate you are an able sudent.

And what if you don't ????
Basically i have diabetes and I missed three GCSE exam, I called the invigilator because I was vomiting and dizzy so I couldn't even concentrate. the invigilator is saying that because I missed three exams they might not let me do them???

If miss an exam by more than an hour then you cannot take it. If you were genuinely too unwell to have attempted it then it may be possible for the school to apply for special consideration (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4107247 ) for you so that you get marks for the exams you missed, but you have to complete at least 50% of the assessment for a subject for this to be possible.
Even if this isn't possible then the 6th form you applied for may allow you to start the A levels you want if your school supports you. Talk to your school about what is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest