-Physics
-English Lang.
-Geography
-Business

C's:
-Maths
-Chemistry
-Biology

For A-level Psychology I needed a B in a science, B in maths, and A*-C in another academic subject. Do you think I could still get in? Otherwise that's only 2 AS levels and I don't know what to do for my other ones! :frown: I wanted to do A-level German but the college I want to go to isn't going ahead with that course since there isn't enough people wanting to do it. The other subjects I'm going to do is Geography and Business.

Please help!
Original post by l'insegnante
exam board and specification?

aqa gcse/b
I got a '*2' In BTEC ict. What could *2 mean?? The points for is 58 and board is edexcel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good job everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThomasSidney1
So I got 2As, 4Bs, 3Cs:

A's:
-German
-English Lit

B's:
-Physics
-English Lang.
-Geography
-Business

C's:
-Maths
-Chemistry
-Biology

For A-level Psychology I needed a B in a science, B in maths, and A*-C in another academic subject. Do you think I could still get in? Otherwise that's only 2 AS levels and I don't know what to do for my other ones! :frown: I wanted to do A-level German but the college I want to go to isn't going ahead with that course since there isn't enough people wanting to do it. The other subjects I'm going to do is Geography and Business.

Please help!

You could, but you'll need to ask your College.
I got a B in English Language and got 236 UMS. Is this close to the A boundary?
Original post by Bebe girl
I got a B in English Language and got 236 UMS. Is this close to the A boundary?

You needed 240 for the A, so not too far away.
Dear everyone who received results and feel that they didn't do as well as they wanted

You tried your best. You did amazing. Even if you don't feel it now, just try to think about the positives. There's other options if you didn't get the grades, or if you got the minimum requirement but wanted higher, you still got what you needed. I felt a bit deflated this morning but thinking about it, I can try to improve my life and make it my own. I still got in college. Life is what you make it, retake, remark, do what you need to. Life may take an extra year or two but it can be worth it. Don't give up, don't lie and cry in a pillow, put your head up high and realise you are worth more than you may think. Good luck with the future, good luck with everything, I believe in you

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got: 2A*s 6As and 4Bs. I know this is good but I'm still a bit upset as I thought I might do a little better. I'm gonna get 3 subjects remarked as I was 3 marks, 2 marks and 1 mark off of an A.

Is there any point attempting to get into Oxford? Or should I just move on? I went to a state school and got one of the best results in the year. Does that strengthen my case? I'm willing to work very hard to get good A Levels.
I got C in maths 101 mark very annoying 4 away from B. English is B . Well done to u all x
Original post by lonyeka
I got: 2A*s 6As and 4Bs. I know this is good but I'm still a bit upset as I thought I might do a little better. I'm gonna get 3 subjects remarked as I was 3 marks, 2 marks and 1 mark off of an A.

Is there any point attempting to get into Oxford? Or should I just move on? I went to a state school and got one of the best results in the year. Does that strengthen my case? I'm willing to work very hard to get good A Levels.

Exactly like me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I'm really quite annoyed with my results.

English Language: B :frown: (I was not happy with a B in the first place.)
English Literature: B (Yeah....pretty annoyed about this one too.):mad:
Maths: A :tongue: (I messed up the second paper so this is surprising!)
French: A* (294/300, and only one in the school to get the A*!):biggrin:
Drama: B (Meh. I wasn't expecting anything else to be honest.):redface:
Biology: C (I've always been terrible at biology...):colondollar:
Chemistry: B (Pretty happy with this.):smile:
Physics: B (I don't mind with this either; science has never been my strong point.):smile:
Sociology: A (Hoping for an A* but this is okay I guess):wink:
Geography: B (This was annoying as well):s-smilie:
General Studies: A (Highest in the school so I don't mind):colone:
Latin: C (THIS ANNOYED ME SO MUCH. :angry:)
Use of Maths: A*/A*/A (Meh. It's only Use of Maths):colonhash:
TLM IT User Skills A*.(It's not even a REAL GCSE!):colondollar:
Music BTEC (Pass.):unimpressed:

But overall...meh.
4A*, 4A, 7B, 2C and a Pass.
Not happy at all.

Dude, you did 17 GCSEs 😫
Reply 5152
I'm so so happy.

3 A*'s, 6 A's and 1 B. Ik it's not as good as many people here but I'm still really happy.

Just for the record.

A*'s
Drama
RS 83/84 :biggrin:
Geography

A's
Maths
English Language
French (was hoping for an A* but I'd be stupid yo be disappointed)
Physics
Chemistry
Biology

B
English Literature, really annoying as I got A*s in coursework bug bathe exam went terribly
I'm extremely happy, I did wayyyyy better then I (and anyone else) expected:

A*s in all my subjects!!! (maths, english lang&lit, biology, chemistry, physics, geography, spanish and design technology) :biggrin:
I'm glad your all happy with your results. I didn't really do well at all but I got the grade in art to do photography a level so I'm so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
well done that's amazing! i got an A* in further maths and i was genuinely expecting no more than a C, cant believe it
Original post by Mao Zedong
I got 10A* and A^ (with distinction) in further maths
I done so good! I got a b in maths and i thought i wasn't even gonna get a c i even got 2 a's!
Original post by romansholiday
I'm honestly sh*ting myself already, I've flopped my exams so far lol.

What you think you've got:
A string of As and Bs (mostly Bs lol) - I'm really not sure if exams went well or not! :s-smilie:

Predicted grades:
8 As 3 A*s (plz that's definitely not happening lmao, I'll be lucky for a single A*..)

What you've actually got:
RESULTS DAY UPDATE: I got 2 A*s 8As 1 B. I'm over the moon!:tongue:

How are you feeling about results day?
Not too good, already had nightmares about it :frown:

How are you going to open your results?
As I am casually strolling out of the school - if they're good I'll scream and run back to school, but if they're bad I'm running home byeeeeeee.

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
Biology, Geography and Chemistry OR Psychology.

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
I would LOVE to! I'm a bit camera shy though, and I don't want to come across ungrateful if I don't get the results I want, because everyone has different expectations of themselves...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :hoppy:

I've updated my original post with my results! Congratulations everyone!
Reply 5158
Original post by Starlight15
:tsr:
GCSE RESULTS

Use this thread to share what grades you'll think you'll get, how you're feeling about your subjects and how you're feeling on the run up to the big day! :h:

Grade Boundaries:
(If the Grade Boundaries are available they will turn Blue)

Spoiler

GCSE Results day is
:rave:TODAY!:rave:

Why can't I get the CIE mark scheme any idea as to when it will come out? 🤔
Just wondering, did anyone else do less well than expected in AQA English Literature? I was predicted an A* and ended up with a B, which is disappointing as I wanted to do it at A-Level/university. Not sure if it's the grade boundaries/exam, or if I just messed up and didn't perform as well as I could've😕

Latest