The Student Room Group

Worried about communication

Me and my partner are in a LDR, about an hour so its not massively long distance but not exactly a stones throw away.

They have just finished their term in uni and have moved back home for the summer, what I'm worried about is that our communication will take a bit of a toll now that they have moved back home. When we were both in uni we always spoke about things that were going on, each others course and upcoming things. But now they are back home there isnt that much to talk about?

Should this be a thing that I need to worry about or am I just overthinking things?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my partner are in a LDR, about an hour so its not massively long distance but not exactly a stones throw away.

They have just finished their term in uni and have moved back home for the summer, what I'm worried about is that our communication will take a bit of a toll now that they have moved back home. When we were both in uni we always spoke about things that were going on, each others course and upcoming things. But now they are back home there isnt that much to talk about?

Should this be a thing that I need to worry about or am I just overthinking things?

It sounds like you are overthinking. Pretty sure you didn't just get into a relationship based off talk about school :biggrin: Theres more common ground then just uni. You'll have other stuff to talk about, surely, I think you're just stressing too much. Let conversation come naturally, education is just one topic :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending