The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Drama and Creative Writing UEA or Lancaster

I really like the look of the UEA Drama and Creative Writing course but I'm worried about the travel time and costs to home. Lancaster would be a better location and offer a similar course but everything I read really pushes the 'contemporary' side of the drama and I'm just worried that it will be a bit too weird for me and that I won't get it! Any thoughts from anyone?
Hey @SRobi

It's great to hear that you're considering Lancaster! The drama course here pushes the contemporary side to give the students industry skills to be as desirable as possible in the workplace and help them to apply those experiences to the benefit of themselves and their communities. However, there is a balance between contemporary and historical approaches to writing and performance in the course to best round out your discipline.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the course or life at Lancaster in general!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey @SRobi

It's great to hear that you're considering Lancaster! The drama course here pushes the contemporary side to give the students industry skills to be as desirable as possible in the workplace and help them to apply those experiences to the benefit of themselves and their communities. However, there is a balance between contemporary and historical approaches to writing and performance in the course to best round out your discipline.

Let me know if you have any more questions about the course or life at Lancaster in general!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Thanks - that's really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending