Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="RossB1702;71377904"]
Original post by gapyearlads

Do you go to a private school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by xdabex
Yeah but you have to wait a whole year for the exam

Scotland suks the big one compared to the way england have things worked out!
[QUOTE="gapyearlads;71377928"]
Original post by RossB1702

Nah lol. Just asking cause someone mentioned it earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="gapyearlads;71377876"]
Original post by Unknown-99

****ing hell!!!! I legit never knew u could get a remark refused? Hang on, you brought your parents in, and contacted the sqa but they still told you to **** off???!?!?!?!? Whoah, I genuinely feel for you bro.

In our school they send letters home to people saying they weren't far off a grade up and to hand in for a remark! Never heard of refusal even after parents nd shize!

Yep nothing we tried worked both the school and the SQA refused to do anything. Still annoys me to this day I can't help but think to myself what if I'd got them remarked and got my grades bumped up but oh well whats done is done at least once my Physics exam is over I never have to deal with the SQA's shite ever again!
[QUOTE="Unknown-99;71378762"]

Yep nothing we tried worked both the school and the SQA refused to do anything. Still annoys me to this day I can't help but think to myself what if I'd got them remarked and got my grades bumped up but oh well whats done is done at least once my Physics exam is over I never have to deal with the SQA's shite ever again!

That's weird. A girl in my school got her English remarked and went from a B to an A despite being 7 marks off the A boundary. And they wouldn't even let you appeal even though you were just a couple marks off. That's shite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 785
[QUOTE="Unknown-99;71378762"]

The SQA don't refuse to do anything, it's more likely that your school was telling you a load of shite so they don't have to fork out ££££ for remarks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it was my school refusing. They claim that they didn't have "sufficient evidence" to support my claim for a remark because in my prelim I got a C in both subjects. Who even gives a **** about prelims. Prelims don't take into account assignment marks or how people obviously try harder for finals. I guess my stupid broke school just wanted to save a few quid. I tried contacting the SQA directly myself as I was willing to pay the fee myself but they said only my school can ask for a remark. Stupid in my opinion, this is my future we're talking about if I want a remark I should have the right to ask for one myself without my dumb school interfering.

The SQA have a policy of not dealing directly with candidates/parents for these things, as it could be anyone on the other end of the phone. It Is up to centres whether they ask for a remark for candidates. To be fair though, from your school's perspective, you had done as well as/better than expected, so they would have thought it unlikely that your grade would go any higher. I do agree though that they shouldn't take the marks you got in the prelim as the definitive measure of what you are expected to achieve (and therefore potentially whether they will give you a remark)- it should perhaps be a little more holistic, but I don't know you (or what your school thinks of you)...It's a bit of a shame that your school chose to save the £30, but I guess what's done is done. :smile:
Exam free Bois!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="JP298;71381362"]

The SQA don't refuse to do anything, it's more likely that your school was telling you a load of shite so they don't have to fork out ££££ for remarks

Posted from TSR Mobile

A wid actual be fuming if my school did that to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exam free Bois!

Posted from TSR Mobile

A take it you done english today? How many exams did you have?
Original post by ferm4t
A take it you done english today? How many exams did you have?

2 a did have 3 but a dropped AH Physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="RossB1702;71378074"]

Nah lol. Just asking cause someone mentioned it earlier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who mentioned? Who tf is questioning my life choices...:u:
Reply 795
[QUOTE="RossB1702;71384120"]
Original post by JP298

A wid actual be fuming if my school did that to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw aye, happens all the time. Schools budgets are already tight enough as it is, so where the hell are the meant to get like £30 or so a pop for each pupil who wants a remark(I'm sure depending on the re-mark it actually go's up to £60)
Hahahaha was in the pissed of sqa mood, reading it over and thinking wtf aahahah

live with no regrets:u:
Original post by Nuba123

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1494541679.547982.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="JP298;71394138"]

Aw aye, happens all the time. Schools budgets are already tight enough as it is, so where the hell are the meant to get like £30 or so a pop for each pupil who wants a remark(I'm sure depending on the re-mark it actually go's up to £60)

Wait, in our school WE pay for them...?
Original post by Nuba123

Stepping into the wild side I see...??:colone::colone:

AHAHAHHAH me after the maths exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending