The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was quite easy apart from a couple of questions. I left out the equality topic- Couldn't think of anything to say!
Reply 2
lol i wanted to leave that topic out, but we hadn't been taught topic 9 so i couldn't, yeah i agree with you, it wasn't too bad, although i have a feeling grade boundaries will be a bit lower, last year it was 95%
I thought it went alright, better than paper 1. I left out the Poverty one...horrible questions :frown:.
Reply 4
I thought it was quite good, would have missed out war, peace and justice but couldn't :frown:

Just made up a load of stuff about why people would want to go to war :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Jamillionaire
lol i wanted to leave that topic out, but we hadn't been taught topic 9 so i couldn't, yeah i agree with you, it wasn't too bad, although i have a feeling grade boundaries will be a bit lower, last year it was 95%

...for an A*
Reply 6
I think it went well =)
I missed out the religion and equallity topic, which I planned to miss out :p: My prediction were pretty accurate. A bit surprised to see abortion though.

For the marriage, I talked about trust, children, guidence, encouragement, vows and all of that. For the sexual relationships, I talked about under age relationships & the law, homosexual relationships, sexual relationships before marriage and affairs.

On medical ethics, I discussed the examples of Fertility treatment (AIH, AID, IVF, egg donation) and two churches views. Abortion, I wrote about ensoulment, two churches views, reasons for abortion and how it can be classed as killing.

Poverty and Wealth, I dsicussed rich man and Lazarus, parable of sheep and goats, Jesus quotes, aid and charities. On section B, I talked about how animals have no souls and how christians may find Christian charities more important than the animal ones and others.

Peace and Justice, I wrote about conscientious objectors, protests, Martin Luther King, more Jesus quotes, violence (other side of arguament). On that last one (17c) I got a bit stuck xD So I started putting stuff about prison and criminals, and how peace can be better than this form of violence. It probably isn't right, but I think all my other answers were strong :s-smilie:
Reply 7
It went so much better than philosophy - i was suprised to see abortion aswell. Q 17 was the hardest for me but i still managed to waffle on about random stuff with it. I had the 8 page answer booklet and used 8 extra sides because my ideas just kept flowing and now my arm feels like its going to drop off. I don't think you need 95% for an A* - I heard it was something in the region between 80% and 90%.
Reply 8
sd91
It went so much better than philosophy - i was suprised to see abortion aswell. Q 17 was the hardest for me but i still managed to waffle on about random stuff with it. I had the 8 page answer booklet and used 8 extra sides because my ideas just kept flowing and now my arm feels like its going to drop off. I don't think you need 95% for an A* - I heard it was something in the region between 80% and 90%.

Last years was 95/96% I think. I found this years paper easier than last years, so I think the boundaries are going to stick or be slightly higher for an A*

I done 10 sides for ethics, 8 for philosophy, hehe. You're examiner's going to love you xD
Reply 9
Yeah i know.:p: I feel so sorry for them because my writing is so messy and there's smudges everywhere aswell. I think i repeated myself several time as well. For the sexual relationships the first thing i wrote it sex is very improtant to christians in a marriage and i wrote the exact same thing at the end. I only realised it when i checked it over again
Reply 10
I used the word kiddies once in it as well :biggrin: *loves using that word*
Equality was rubbish... skipped that one!!!
Reply 12
Student070707
Equality was rubbish... skipped that one!!!

When I came out of the exam, I heard nearly everyone saying they skipped it xD My school haven't taught it well anyway, so we were advised to skip it
Reply 13
Hey i just posted on the other thread. Oh well do it here as well.

I found ths so much better than the philosophy but my teacher said tha tthe other one was a lot easier. hmmmm.... dont think it was but hay, its over now.

I did:
+ medical ethics which was so easy.
+ peace and justice, ehich was fine except the last one about justice is more important than peace. I just rambled on about you need justice before you can get peace but justice could be seen as revenge which is wrong. I probably got this one wrong.
+ the last one i did was poverty and wealth which was also ok except the one about charity. Which ones are more important. I said ones that are run aby christians - eg:cafod, christian aid and tearfund. How these are more important than government funded charities. Also that christian charity goes all around the world and not just on their doorstep. And mentioned how god will judge them on how they care for the poor. Also talked about imediate responses from these ^^^ charities to natural disasters. Didnt mention animals :frown:

Well other than those two questions, i think i did ok.

I dont think i have done enough for an A* from both papers but maybe a low A. I would also be happy with a High B because my corsework would briing it up to an A. Fingers crossed. XXX

Jane XXX
Dammit, I forgot about egg donation, ah well. Still went on about how some embryos are wasted. And for part B of the Peace/Justics one I went on about just war. For part A I put Jesus being a pacifist and Quakers. Can't remember what else.

And by the way, for the poverty one even my teacher didn't like the sound of the questions when we told him. When we asked about the charities, he didn't really know. But I wasn't too bothered, as I skipped that one.
Reply 15
oo i did that exam last year as our school make us take it in Year 10.
It was pretty sweet, I got an A* I think it was one off full marks :biggrin: & that was with 2 days revision before hand, just cramming in learning quotes as most of its just common knowledge really.
i think our school has like a 98% A - A* pass rate on RE though :smile:

good luck guys getting your results :smile: you'll all do great trust me x
Reply 16
wha did u guys put 4 the gambling one?
Reply 17
Jamillionaire
I thought it went quite well, i wrote 14 pages which i am quite proud about, I'd like to think it's quality, but in truth it's just quantity and very little quality, lol!

I wrote 22 pages!
The invigilator was shocked when I asked for my third answer booklet
Reply 18
22 pages!!!!

the most in my school was 21, and 130+ of us took the exam lol!
Reply 19
The most we had was about 10 pages. Only 60 of us took it though. How could you write 22 pages. We only had 1.5 hours????

Latest

Trending

Trending