The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster colleges

I have been given an offer from Lancaster to study economics at the university. My question is which college Should I apply for regarding accommodation. I have heard some are more sporty and others are more into the arts but when looking at the website there doesn't seem to be any difference with the colleges. I do a lot of sport and I'm very social. Any recommendations for which college I should go for would be much appreciated.
Original post by Breadcrumss
I have been given an offer from Lancaster to study economics at the university. My question is which college Should I apply for regarding accommodation. I have heard some are more sporty and others are more into the arts but when looking at the website there doesn't seem to be any difference with the colleges. I do a lot of sport and I'm very social. Any recommendations for which college I should go for would be much appreciated.

To be honest it really doesn't matter what college you apply to, though there are of course stereotypes that go around that I read online before applying as well. The whole college thing doesn't even really matter after Fresher's week (unless you're on a sports team in which case you'll be competing against one another). Supposedly Fylde is a 'sporty' college and Lonsdale a 'party' college, but I think you get a diverse range of students everywhere and personally haven't heard of anyone mentioning said stereotypes during my first year - I just saw them on tsr the summer before.

The thing you might want to consider if you're very social is the type of accommodation you're going into, because this differs between colleges. You'll probably want to have a bigger sized flat to meet more people etc - I think when you're applying it tells you approximately how many people you'll share with.

You might also want to consider location, but it's pretty easy to navigate campus wherever you are. Lonsdale and Cartmel are probably the furthest from most lectures and even then it's only about a 15 minute walk depending on what building you're in.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
They are all the same to be honest.

If I had to pick Id agree with the person above, Fylde is meant to be 'Sporty' and Lonsdale is definitely the 'party' college due to the fact it has a night club like bar.

I personally chose Cartmel :biggrin:. I liked the fact it was out of the way and quiet.
Well my choises were also based on the price of the rooms :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending