The Student Room Group

What languages do you learn on Duolingo?

i am currently learning 4: Spanish, Turkish, Russian, and German

Scroll to see replies

I am learning Dutch on there :tongue: have been lazy recently though :s-smilie: must get back on it.
I attempted to learn Italian, Norwegian and Esperanto on there, but I kept forgetting so I've sort of given up now :tongue:
Portuguese and a bit of German.

I've started to defect to Memrise a bit though, it's an excellent tool as well.
I used to use Duolingo a lot - I did French and Spanish, however now I'm on Memrise - if anyone wants to add me I'm called "georger_c00p3r" :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
I am learning Dutch on there :tongue: have been lazy recently though :s-smilie: must get back on it.

learn german

im learning german + italian
Original post by emmald583
Portuguese and a bit of German.

I've started to defect to Memrise a bit though, it's an excellent tool as well.

What is memrise like? I thought it was a just a database of language learning texts and not an actual guide itself?
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
What is memrise like? I thought it was a just a database of language learning texts and not an actual guide itself?

I used memrise to try and improve my french for my ill-fated french A level course and it's basically the same sort of thing as duolingo except it's very community driven and you choose specific courses within the language rather than the "choose a language and then lets fkn goooo booooiiis" approach that duolingo has.
I used to use Duolingo. I really need to get back on that. I did French and German in school, so gave Spanish a try and I really liked it. I don't remember much French, but I'd like to keep going with the Spanish and German and maybe later on learn another.
German but ****ing hell that app gives me anxiety. When you're tired and they send the stupid emails like "Keep the bird happy" :angry:
Original post by Imperion
German but ****ing hell that app gives me anxiety. When you're tired and they send the stupid emails like "Keep the bird happy" :angry:

I think half my e-mails are from them reminding me that I haven't been on Duolingo in ages. :rofl:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I think half my e-mails are from them reminding me that I haven't been on Duolingo in ages. :rofl:

I think after a while they think "this guy isn't doing anything" and stop but I think it takes like two weeks. And tbf, I just played to get the lingots to unlock Flirting make Duo look cool in some outfit WHICH DOESN'T HELP ME MEET MY GOAL OF 20 A DAY ;-;
I think after a while they think "this guy isn't doing anything" and stop but I think it takes like two weeks. And tbf, I just played to get the lingots to unlock Flirting make Duo look cool in some outfit WHICH DOESN'T HELP ME MEET MY GOAL OF 20 A DAY ;-;

I think it's been a year since I last used Duolingo. :indiff:

:rofl: AND YOU'RE ABLE TO GET AN OUTFIT NOW? :eek:
I think it's been a year since I last used Duolingo. :indiff:

:rofl: AND YOU'RE ABLE TO GET AN OUTFIT NOW? :eek:

LMAO :rofl: I think it's been a week or so. I play when nothing makes sense anymore after a long hard day (which is weird because I'll remember the words :laugh: Lowkey calling people bread coz' why not :indiff:)

Yeah, got the suit :laugh: The tracksuit looks dumb AF so I think that's the only thing I haven't gotten.
LMAO :rofl: I think it's been a week or so. I play when nothing makes sense anymore after a long hard day (which is weird because I'll remember the words :laugh: Lowkey calling people bread coz' why not :indiff:)

Yeah, got the suit :laugh: The tracksuit looks dumb AF so I think that's the only thing I haven't gotten.

Wait, you insult people by calling people 'bread' in different languages? :toofunny:

You're almost making me come back to Duolingo.. Almost.

Spoiler

French not been on in about a month though. Its going well

Juh sweez awnglay
Wait, you insult people by calling people 'bread' in different languages? :toofunny:

You're almost making me come back to Duolingo.. Almost.

Spoiler

Well, I mean... yes... or a whale... y'know... :indiff:

I find playing in the morning helps :tongue:

Spoiler

I'm relearning German and learning Spanish
Sme
alors ta fait du progrès en utilisant duolingo? ça m'a jamais aidé moi
Well, I mean... yes... or a whale... y'know... :indiff:

I find playing in the morning helps :tongue:

Spoiler

Nope, I don't.. :indiff: