Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ex gf acting weird??

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

My ex gf who i stopped talking to a year ago has out of no where popped up on facebook sending me messages and pics of her new boyfriend fair play to her shes happy with him but why would a girl start randomly talking to a guy who has no interest in her life anymore i find it weird?

She's doing that to make you jealous. It's a attention seeking, she knows you've moved on and isn't interested anymore so she pretends to be in a happy relationship when deep down she's not over you yet. If I were you I wouldn't even open the messages, don't give her the satisfaction she's seeking because she wants you to think about her. I just find it unfair on her boyfriend because he's most probably a rebound.

Chances are she isn't happy with him. It was definitely to make you jealous.

Usually when a ex girlfriend reaches out like this via FB, email or text, it means she's thinking of you and is still interest, to an extent.

However, based on the fact she sent you a picture and that's that, I wouldn't do anything about it.

She wants to make you jealous.

She wants to make you jealous, or at least to goad you into a response. Ignoring her seems the logical step.

She's looking for a reaction from you. She basically wants you to pine for her again to boost her ego.

Clearly not over you as otherwise she would not be in contact. Block her and move on matey.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.