The Student Room Group

Ask any question about Shia-Islam thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Salaam , I had discussion with someone and he says several things, I wanna a complete answer to him , because it's very important , would you please help me ?
he is against shia and he says this :

I believe Shia people are also muslim and I defend them to every friend of mine, but I have a reason why I don't believe in that Hazrat Ali Had to be the first Caliph..
While reading Qur'an, I found the coming queues of the Khalifas.. In this verse(Ayah)
"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah;and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward."
(QS. Al-Fath 48: Verse 29)

"Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah= The prophet
and those with him=when you hear that word, You absolutely remember the prophet's best friend, Yaari Ghar Hazrat Abu Bakr(Ra)
are forceful against the disbelievers,=Again Absolutely, the strong and angry man, the symbol of justice Hazrat Umar (Ra) merciful among themselves=If we really reseach the history of Islam, We will see that Hazrat Osman was really Merciful towards people and muslims..
You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration.==As I said Hazrat Ali (ra) was a really sincere man, even he was killed While praying, May Allah be pleased with him and forgive him for what he's done..
That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward."

So I always say Shia are muslim, but I don't believe in that Ali (ra) had to be the first Khalifah...
But do you know when did the Muslims gat separated as Shia and Sunni?
When Hazrat Osman was killed while reading Qur'an, There was kinda stressed and kinda a low peace, Hazrat Ali (ra) became the new Khalifah, and he wanted to bring peace back first. But the ones who were with Hazrat Aisha, said that He has to find the killers of Hazrat Osman First..
Then when thoughts were crossed, Hazrat Muawiyah Supported Hazrat Aisha, And they said Hazrat Muawiyah should be the Khalifah.
Some people said that Ali (ra) had to be the khalifah before the other Khalifahs. Then there became Haarijee people, they said they will kill, Hazrat Ali and Hazrat Muawiyah to bring peace back.. Hazrat Muawiyah ran away from this, but Hazrat Ali didn't leave prayer, and he has been killed, stabbed from the forehead, while praying Fajr...
It was the first fight of Muslims, and still Muslims hate each other 😢😢😢 that's actually really sad...

Would you please help me to answer him ?
thanks
azan
What's the difference between blue aqeek stone and red aqeek stone?
Assalamu alaikum , I’m from pakistan ,Quetta and i want to ask that, which “aiyam fatemiyah” is ten days the first one or the second one
Do you believe Hadrat Abu Bakr (R.A) a Muslim or Mu'min?
Reply 785
Salaam, i would like to know as someone who is getting to know the religion. There are 5 prayers. Must i as a potential shia pray 3 times in a day or is it optional if i was to separate them into 3 as i understand to be the norm in shia culture.
Original post by sqehs
Salaam, i would like to know as someone who is getting to know the religion. There are 5 prayers. Must i as a potential shia pray 3 times in a day or is it optional if i was to separate them into 3 as i understand to be the norm in shia culture.

Wa 'Aleykum Assalaam

There are different types of Shia but most pray the 5 Salaat.

Zaydis
Ismailis
Twelvers
And other subsects that are less prominant

As the Zaydis and the Twelvers are the most well known Shia sects, I shall clarify for them because you did not clarify which Shia you are interested in.

If you are referring to the Twelver Shia who are more recently the most numerous Shia sect following the Safavi conquest of Iran and the forceful conversation of the people there, then they have two general opinions - one that you can always join your prayers i.e Dhuhr with Asr, and Maghrib with Isha, thus they pray the 5 prayers at 3 times, the other that it is better to pray the prayers at the 5 seperate times but joining is allowed as a concession to facilitate ease.

If you are referring to the Zaydiyyah, to my knowledge, the Zaydis also pray 5 times a day but do not join their prayers unless as a concession like the Sunnis.

I am not sure what the Ismailis do.

---

What makes you interested in Shi'ism, and which Shia sect are you most interested in?
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending