The Student Room Group

Returning Student - Probably not eligible for SFE

Hi,

I have finished a degree a few years back but after 4 years of dead end job I have been thinking of going back to uni. The 1st course I studied was Human Nutrition and I received finance for 3 + 1 years. As i have grown older I realise that it is not what I want. Is there anyone that offers funding except for SFE? I would like to do nursing but I know the bursary option is out as its been cut.

Any help would be appreciated.
Original post by RDE1989
Hi,

I have finished a degree a few years back but after 4 years of dead end job I have been thinking of going back to uni. The 1st course I studied was Human Nutrition and I received finance for 3 + 1 years. As i have grown older I realise that it is not what I want. Is there anyone that offers funding except for SFE? I would like to do nursing but I know the bursary option is out as its been cut.

Its not definitely confirmed but the government did state that they would fund second degree for nhs degrees, it just depends if you're bothered on never being able to pay your loan back.
Original post by RDE1989
Hi,

Aside from future finance, who have ridiculous interest rates and require repayments whilst you are still studying, there are no alternatives to SFE. So fingers crossed they will provide full funding for those doing NHS degrees as a second degree from next year.
Reply 3
Original post by RDE1989
Hi,

I did a lot of reading up on this as I already have a degree, and originally thought I'd end up going to uni next September - from the government website all I could find is that they intended to make the new loans system available to those who already had a degree. And that you wouldn't begin paying your second lot of loans off until you'd paid off the first - I don't know about you but I can't ever see me paying off the first so that doesn't worry me too much!
However, you may still get a place before the bursarys go if you want to/it suits you. Many courses offer March or April starts that UCAS opens for in September - and the bursary is around for any course beginning before August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending