The Student Room Group

Holiday Entitlement Question?

Hi all, sorry if this is going to be confusing but I'm a little worried about a holiday situation at work here.

I work part time at Greggs, 4 hours a week on a weekend because I have college during the week. In August I've planned to go to Sweden to visit my boyfriend for 11 days and I've put two of my holidays down for two consecutive Sundays: August the 7th and the 14th. I'd return home on the Friday before I'd go back to work, but the question is: would they be able to assign me overtime during the week, in between those two holidays i've taken?
I'm down as a weekend team member but i've occasionally had overtime during the summer and christmas if anyone else is on holiday or ill etc. If this does happen, would I be able to explain that I can't take overtime during that period?
if you think it's likely it might be worth letting them know you'll be away and not able to cover but you can't be forced to work overtime and since the 4 hours you have as holiday is your full contractual hours (I assume) any other shifts are overtime

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending