The Student Room Group

Fat loss tips what do you do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eleftheriadis
Its not that easy for a lot of people to "just eat less kcalories than you burn". If we just suggest that one's basal metabolic rate is 1500 kcal per day, in order to lose fat their daily diet would have to be no less than 1200kcal per day. 1kg is 7000kcal. So losing 2-3kg would result to 3-5% of fat. by losing only 300kcal per day its obvious that a lot of effort is requiered along with a lot of frustration because of slow results.

So it would be best not to be so discouraging to others. no offense :colondollar:

Yes, yes it is.

Yeah it sucks not being able to eat as many calories as you want, but it's the only way and it's not rocket science like I said.

Basically what @DJMayes said, eventually if you want results you have to stop making excuses and stop looking for shortcuts.

I'm not discouraging anyone. If someone doesn't listen to weight loss being about calories it's because they're not willing to change their habits and work for their weight loss.

Weight loss is very simple, it's just not easy to achieve because well humans like to eat and drink so they make excuses and look for shortcuts to avoid having to put in real work and real sacrifices. And yes results are slow, but again that's not an excuse to give up or to say calories don't work. They work people are just giving up before results are visible and then they go looking for the next shortcut and nonsense quick fix.
Original post by SophieSmall
Yes, yes it is.

Yeah it sucks not being able to eat as many calories as you want, but it's the only way and it's not rocket science like I said.

Basically what @DJMayes said, eventually if you want results you have to stop making excuses and stop looking for shortcuts.

I'm not discouraging anyone. If someone doesn't listen to weight loss being about calories it's because they're not willing to change their habits and work for their weight loss.

Weight loss is very simple, it's just not easy to achieve because well humans like to eat and drink so they make excuses and look for shortcuts to avoid having to put in real work and real sacrifices. And yes results are slow, but again that's not an excuse to give up or to say calories don't work. They work people are just giving up before results are visible and then they go looking for the next shortcut and nonsense quick fix.

Well, I have to agree with you, but nonetheless some moral support is always better than discouraging attitude :biggrin:
well when i get hungry i grab a knife and cut off part of my stomach then eat it, helps me lose some fat i find
Imo, running is the best way to lose weigh and burn fat. Obviously complimented with a healthy diet

Quick Reply

Latest