The Student Room Group

Uni offers with grade D AS maths

Say if you get a poor grade in Maths e.g. D, but your other subjects are strong A and B (ICT and economics) and your personal statement is extremely good. These subjects are at AS, would you have any chance of getting an offer from Russell uni's or nah??
Original post by Mo98
Say if you get a poor grade in Maths e.g. D, but your other subjects are strong A and B (ICT and economics) and your personal statement is extremely good. These subjects are at AS, would you have any chance of getting an offer from Russell uni's or nah??

Yes, you can get an offer from Russell group Universities.
Reply 2
Original post by Mo98

Original post by acontium
Yes, you can get an offer from Russell group Universities.

Depends entirely on the course you are applying for. And keep in mind there are many excellent universities not in the RG. The RG is primarily a lobbying organisation, not necessarily a sign of excellence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I got grades BBCD at AS with my grade D in maths and got offers from russell group universities including sheffield, queen mary london and cardiff
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mo98

I was in your position last year. Got BBDE at AS with an E in maths, but got 5/5 offers for AAB predicted grades for unis with AAB-BBB offers (All econ).
3/5 of the Uni's were Russel Group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending