The Student Room Group

St Georges - Contextual Admissions

I had a question
I have been predicted A C D - Biology, Chemistry and Maths respectively
The course I would like to do requires BBC however as I qualify for contextual admissions, my contextual requirement is CCC (It goes 2 grade below the current entry requirement)
Will St George's average out my grades to a BCC or will I be rejected because of my D in maths??
Any subject at D grade is an enormous red flag to any Uni.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Any subject at D grade is an enormous red flag to any Uni.
I had reasoning for my D
For AS I wasn't in the right mental state as I had moved places and school
My grandmother also passed away that same year.

Would St Georges average it out?
Will my A make up for it
For the purpose of making an offer they might. That's about as much as anyone can say.

It may come into play as to how relevant Maths is. You have't said what subject you are looking at.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
For the purpose of making an offer they might. That's about as much as anyone can say.
It may come into play as to how relevant Maths is. You have't said what subject you are looking at.
I have applied to radiotherapy and oncology

And they don’t have a requirement for Maths
All they ask for is one science subject
Original post by r_kkk
I have applied to radiotherapy and oncology

And they don’t have a requirement for Maths
All they ask for is one science subject

For a regular course asking for BBC or CCC contextual, I suspect they'd be pretty generous with offer making and then sort 'near misses' out when results are known and they have a better idea of numbers. IE. You'd have a pretty fair chance of getting an offer.

However the only thing I can't be certain about is whether radiotherapy and oncology has limited places, which would reduce your chances.

Realistically, what are your other options? What harm is there in including it as one of your choices? There are no risk free applications. People with A*A*A get rejected for some courses.
Despite any mit-circs at the time, it wouldn't have been unreasonable to expect you to resit the D grade.
So, many Unis will not give any leniency in this situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending