The Student Room Group

Question about whether or not I should cancel and re-do my application

So I'm a third year student, studying Chemistry full time, and for the past two years I've had a big maintenance loan and a maintenance grant because I lived with my single mother who didn't earn much, hence the grant. However this year her boyfriend moved in which changed the household income, so I thought I'd have to make him a dependant on the finance request. Turns out after some reading of the fine print the loan and grant are dependant on household income only for the year 2014/2015, so now I've added him for no reason.

This has reduced my loan to an amount where I'm really going to be struggling since the chemistry course takes up a lot of the week and leaves not a lot of time to a part time job, and gotten rid of the grant completely. On the student finance site it says only to cancel for a few reasons, with this not being one of them.

So what I'm wondering is if it's worth it to cancel my application and do a whole new one without my mums boyfriend included in household income and if I do, will it be in time for the new academic year (October for me)?

Thanks in advance!
No, that would be fraud.
Reply 2
Original post by LankyCallum
So I'm a third year student, studying Chemistry full time, and for the past two years I've had a big maintenance loan and a maintenance grant because I lived with my single mother who didn't earn much, hence the grant. However this year her boyfriend moved in which changed the household income, so I thought I'd have to make him a dependant on the finance request. Turns out after some reading of the fine print the loan and grant are dependant on household income only for the year 2014/2015, so now I've added him for no reason.

This has reduced my loan to an amount where I'm really going to be struggling since the chemistry course takes up a lot of the week and leaves not a lot of time to a part time job, and gotten rid of the grant completely. On the student finance site it says only to cancel for a few reasons, with this not being one of them.

So what I'm wondering is if it's worth it to cancel my application and do a whole new one without my mums boyfriend included in household income and if I do, will it be in time for the new academic year (October for me)?

Thanks in advance!

Phone SF and explain the situation. If your understanding of the tax year you need to use is correct, they will remove your Mum's boyfriend from your application and reassess you.

However as they have already completed the assessment, they presumably know for which tax year he sent in evidence and they have accepted it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending