The Student Room Group

For the sake of everyone...

I think we need to tone down our political posts and arguments as it's becoming vile and cruel and some people are sprouting hate which is uncalled for. I'm going to have to admit that the Leave vote won, it was a democracy and there is nothing we can do now but accept it, I'm finding some people's behaviour on here truly disgusting, everyone in the UK is allowed to vote if they are registered and are over 18 so enough with the whole "Oh the old people will be dead soon, why did they bother voting?" and I'm seeing a lot of Bremainers posting this which is making Brexiters put us down even further.

Obviously from my posts, I voted for Remain and I am a strong advocate for Remain but now isn't the time to attack people and their beliefs no more, we need to seriously come together to work out what we want for the UK, and what is best. We all come from different walks of life, some more maturer and experienced and others more knowledgeable in culture and very diverse. I also apologise for my behaviour towards Leave voters but now can we atleast come up with what we want to happen in the forthcoming year without spewing hate and jumping at other people's throats?

The pound fell really hard but it was going to happen regardless if Remain or Leave won, give it a few weeks and it will rise up. The only issue I have is that everyone (near enough) expected us to remain so the plan for leave isn't so planned out and is quite spontaneous (for now) which is why we need a strong leader (please not Boris) to strengthen our economy and nation and to move forward.

Scroll to see replies

The absolutely disgusting insults from both sides is unbelievable. You'd think these adults were behaving more like 12-year-olds.
Reply 2
let's be honest the bulk of it is from brexiters
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The absolutely disgusting insults from both sides is unbelievable. You'd think these adults were behaving more like 12-year-olds.

:teehee:
Reply 4
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

I know, my Facebook timeline is still reeling from so many young people truly disgusted by the result and with their whole memes about 'Old people deserve to not vote, they'll be dead soon' and some of these people I can truly say, never seemed the type to be 'political' or even have the maturity to vote.
are people still goin on about this ********. jesus
Reply 6
Original post by drogon
let's be honest the bulk of it is from brexiters

I don't want to generalise anymore (done that too much) but Bremainers give it as good as they can get, there are a select few on here who are Bremainers and just infuriate me with their language and slurs, no wonder why Brexiters put them down.
Reply 7
Original post by junayd1998
are people still goin on about this ********. jesus

99% of today's threads are about the result, most of them are really appalling and cruel and I seriously think in real life no one is that passionate about the result (as much as they are on here) but on here everyone is a keyboard warrior and spews hate.
Original post by Rhythmical
x

Hi :hi:

I think I'm disrespecting a huge matter for adults...
Anywho :biggrin:
https://youtu.be/qBce7ozoSpI
99% of today's threads are about the result, most of them are really appalling and cruel and I seriously think in real life no one is that passionate about the result (as much as they are on here) but on here everyone is a keyboard warrior and spews hate.

I know but why do people care so much on here its so dead TSR is just ****ing ******** now with all this EU crap idec
I know but why do people care so much on here its so dead TSR is just ****ing ******** now with all this EU crap idec

Well it is a huge part of our lives that has now been changed, and because it's affected everyone in the UK, a lot of people feel the need to speak their mind and engage in discussion with those online rather than face to face which is albeit much more harder.

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Hi :hi:

I think I'm disrespecting a huge matter for adults...
Anywho :biggrin:
https://youtu.be/qBce7ozoSpI

Cute video! :biggrin: I saw you two minutes and fifty seconds into the video! :tongue:
Well it is a huge part of our lives that has now been changed, and because it's affected everyone in the UK, a lot of people feel the need to speak their mind and engage in discussion with those online rather than face to face which is albeit much more harder.

Cute video! :biggrin: I saw you two minutes and fifty seconds into the video! :tongue:

Yes i am very aware of that it is a huge part of our lives but its happened now lets just move on, instead of talking alot of **** about it, geez man.
Yes i am very aware of that it is a huge part of our lives but its happened now lets just move on, instead of talking alot of **** about it, geez man.

Careful you'll upset many people on TSR :tongue: There should be just one thread on it, how we can move forward instead 'I'm so upset!' 'Bremainer **** in my shoe as I voted leave!' 'Leaver voter told me to go back to my country!' most people are trolling,
Hear, hear!
Original post by Alexion
Hear, hear!

With that avatar, you could easily rule Britain, you look like a great leader who will hail us with prosperity. :biggrin:
Careful you'll upset many people on TSR :tongue: There should be just one thread on it, how we can move forward instead 'I'm so upset!' 'Bremainer **** in my shoe as I voted leave!' 'Leaver voter told me to go back to my country!' most people are trolling,

Idgaf tbh lmao. I know this is meant to the be the Student Room not the EU debate Room lmao sighhhhhhhhhhhhh
Idgaf tbh lmao. I know this is meant to the be the Student Room not the EU debate Room lmao sighhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Political Room is the new name. I reckon some people on here who are quite critical didn't actually even vote. This is all we are going to hear for a while, other forums will be just as bad.
You know what??? I support Brexit and I completely agree that the arguments are just getting babyish. Just because you want people to understand your argument, does not mean that you can spout out idiotic *******s and give absolutely vulgar insults to others who simply wish to make their belief known. Forgive me for getting a little defensive, but it's true. The arguments have just gone too far.

PS, I'm probably too late to be commenting on this...oh well.
Well you're just a smelly poohead :/
The Political Room is the new name. I reckon some people on here who are quite critical didn't actually even vote. This is all we are going to hear for a while, other forums will be just as bad.

Yeah it is. Prolly. Yep. Oh well it will die down in a month or 2 and no one will seem to give ****. What a ****ing surprise

Quick Reply

Latest