The Student Room Group

How to do junctions!

I've been confused about junctions for a while now so thought I'd come on here. When at a junction if you put the completely stop and put the clutch down how do you get the car going again ( without putting the handbrake on) do you keep your foot on the brake, find the biting point then add gas or is gas and then biting point? Please help!!
Keep your foot on the brake until you're ready to move off, then biting point, then gas
Original post by beckyemma
I've been confused about junctions for a while now so thought I'd come on here. When at a junction if you put the completely stop and put the clutch down how do you get the car going again ( without putting the handbrake on) do you keep your foot on the brake, find the biting point then add gas or is gas and then biting point? Please help!!

If I'm at a junction and I don't need the handbrake, when I want to move off again, I add a bit of gas, then flex the clutch up. I was initially taught to find the bite point first then add gas, but I found that too difficult, so now I add a bit of gas first, then bring the clutch up. Either method is fine (according to my instructor anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending