The Student Room Group

Who on here doesn't drink alcohol?

Scroll to see replies

I've never had alcohols and do not plan on having it, for some reason it just repels me. Even when I went to a party where everyone was drinking I didn't drink, it's strange peer pressure has never affected me.
Original post by Ria25
Yes I do , and I don't think your mad , you are a nice person and have good personality . - by the way you should not listen to people because their are people in the world you cannot stand your happiness. So DW about that .
And I definitely don't think like that about you , you had your opinion as everyone else did. :wink::wink:

Well thats a first - Thanks!
Thanks! I appreciate that! Im guessing youve seen me around here then!?
If only i was happy all the time though! That would be nice!
But i got called mentally unstable yesterday on here and i got really upset by that!
But whats this in relation to? I appeciate your kind words!
Finally someone who doesnt think im mad! :biggrin: :wink:
Im liking you!
:wavey:
never have never will
Only red wine, on rare occasions.

Last time a year ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FireFreezer77
Well thats a first - Thanks!
Thanks! I appreciate that! Im guessing youve seen me around here then!?
If only i was happy all the time though! That would be nice!
But i got called mentally unstable yesterday on here and i got really upset by that!
But whats this in relation to? I appeciate your kind words!
Finally someone who doesnt think im mad! :biggrin: :wink:
Im liking you!

Awww well thank you :smile:, and it is okay , I just hate when people in the world have nothing better to do then ruin others happiness and put them down . That's why
And it's to make you feel better:smile:
And yeah I have seen as well as I am following you also. - yeah I have :wink:
And don't let anybody bring you down ,as "don't worry be happy " this is what you should think about and be happy not sad , and it's okay sometimes people like to just mess about with you and like the attention for it , but really they envy you.
So I understand :wink:
And yeah I'm liking you too :wink:
Original post by Ria25
Awww well thank you :smile:, and it is okay , I just hate when people in the world have nothing better to do then ruin others happiness and put them down . That's why
And it's to make you feel better:smile:
And yeah I have seen as well as I am following you also. - yeah I have :wink:
And don't let anybody bring you down ,as "don't worry be happy " this is what you should think about and be happy not sad , and it's okay sometimes people like to just mess about with you and like the attention for it , but really they envy you.
So I understand :wink:
And yeah I'm liking you too :wink:

No worries :smile:
Yeah me too! I suppose you know ive been bullied at college then?
Aw youre so cute!
Ah i didnt realize you were following me, didnt get a notification haha! Ill return the favour once ive typed this!
Well its hard not to! Esp when its constant! And i wasnt expecting it from here! But ah well i huess theyre just morons!
But why would they envy me? My life isnt very good.
Well im liking the sound of that! :wink:
Teetotal for life. :u:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I don't know if I just can't handle it because I'm quite young, but I really dislike being drunk. Normally I'm a happy, positive person and then as soon as I'm drunk I basically experience every negative emotion at once. Doesn't make parties very fun, I'll tell you that!
Reply 48
Original post by redbluedex
I don't know if I just can't handle it because I'm quite young, but I really dislike being drunk. Normally I'm a happy, positive person and then as soon as I'm drunk I basically experience every negative emotion at once. Doesn't make parties very fun, I'll tell you that!

People say there are different types of drunks for a reason. When you just get slightly tipsy, it's usually not that noticeable but if you drink too much it can mess with your emotions.

Worst are the violent drunks. The best, the happy dunks. Then you have the people in between like needy drunks, sad drunks, philosophical drunks, etc.

Basically you're just a sad drunk. But at least you control yourself. I have a few friends who are sad drunks and at the end of the night end up siting together crying, yet they keep going out and drinking all the time which isn't good.
Drinking alcohol is not good for our health and it will affect my family. Also I don't like its taste .
I drink a lot, and go out frequently and 80% of the time alcohol is consumed, however I am going to university in september and I want to quit completely and find people who are obsessed with fitness as my self although I have a parallel lifestyle of a fitness freak and a binge drinker
I do drink a lot (not too much!), and to give an opposite perspective, I can't imagine not drinking alcohol. It's just something that helps me relax for one, and I hate going to a party and not being absolutely ****ed, and I put that down to not being confident enough to be sober and meet loads of people and **** like that... Just occasionally if I wanna just forget about the day or whatever, I'll also just get smashed...
Reply 52
me, got drunk once, even then I retained all mental faculties, didn't see the point in it, became teetotal.
alcohol is also expensive nowadays
Original post by karl pilkington
alcohol is also expensive nowadays

True, but when you're a few pints/shots/whatever down, the price tends not to be too concerning...
Reply 55
I suffer from a chronic illness that means I'm not allowed to drink alcohol (not alcoholism!). (I do however drink a bit now and again but weak stuff. )

It's definitely had a big impact on my social life as for one thing I came to realise that my friends mostly talk ******** but it didn't matter before as I was drinking.

Also I was hoping to take up DJing again after a long hiatus but found that I can't do it half as well without drinking.

But perhaps the biggest change has been that I stopped spending small fortunes paying for sex.

So I now have loads of spare cash,hardly see my friends,have £4000 worth of unused dj equipment and have sex only with women over 30 (which doesn't count) :frown:

Apart from that giving up has had little affect on my life
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
Hello i drink cause i then feel like Elvis Presly!
Reply 57
I haven't touched alcohol since, well last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I haven't touched alcohol since, well last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. It's such a tough life :cry:

(Although technically I guess you could say this morning :/)
Reply 59
Original post by mobbsy91
Me too. It's such a tough life :cry:

(Although technically I guess you could say this morning :/)

I'm almost outta booze - one glass of JD left

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest