The Student Room Group

Relationship whilst Moving to Uni

Hey everyone, this is my first post so it's great to see such a welcoming community!

I'll just get straight to the point.

Me and my girlfriend have been together happily for the past year and 4 months. But as my first year of Uni is fast approaching closer and closer, she's been having doubts about whether a relationship at Uni would be feasible. (I'm going to Uni and she's looking for an apprenticeship).

I've tried to explain to her that I think it is possible and also completely doable. I'm going to a local Uni so I'll be getting the train to and from every day. I'd be able to come home and spend my evenings with her and see her on the weekends when we're not working etc. In many ways I don't see it as being much different from our lives at Sixth Form.

But she still seems adamant that it's not going to work, and I feel it's really putting a strain on our relationship. I love this girl to bits. And I really want to make this relationship work. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
I'm in a similar situation!
I'm going to uni (very far from home) while my boyfriend is staying at home and has an apprenticeship.
Before ive thought this was a very bad idea but now we've talked about it I'm quite excited actually!
Hes going to come up and see me nearly every weekend and stay Friday to Sunday. Tbh i think this is better. It will only wprk if you both want it to.

Maybe the reason shes so persistent that it wont work is because shes not ready to commit to you fully, or because she's jealous. Ive had friends in similar positions.
Good luck with it anyway:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending